Declined Subscription tiers

The suggestion has been declined.

Kes

Aux Trainer
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned before but now I think with the changes in Tac Ops prices this is now more important than before...

Long ago in a VC far far away.......(cue music)......

JB or maybe it was Intrise discussed the future changes of how subscriptions were going to work many moons ago. The idea was rather than people paying a large monthly amount to get full Tac Ops, the benefits were going to be broke down. So for example if I just wanted access to save my outfits but didn’t want tac ops cars I could just pay for the benefit of that or if I solely just wanted just EA access, again I could just pay a amount for that. I like the idea of having these bundled together in subscription packages (like they are now) maybe being at a lower price if you were to buy all the perks singly. But I feel people SHOULD have the option of paying a lower amount for whatever lone perks they want. This was meant to be the way forward when we moved away from Pateron subscriptions to the way it is now with Tebex.... well that was what we said to us mere mortals!! I understand this will mean extra tags being made on discord and linked to perks, but surely this won’t be the end of the world, after all you have 4 x tier discord tags for devs.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was also going to make this suggestion myself. For months I have been paying for tac ops but never used the vehicles so the only perk I was benefitting from was outfits, I think allowing people the choice would be a welcomed addition to the community.

Reactions: Kes
Hi @Kes,

Please see: https://forum.policemp.com/index.php?threads/pay-to-make-save-outifts.7775/

This should provide the explanation why its simply not economical for us to do what your saying. So unfortunately, wont be a option. Longer term we hope to have equivelent packs for LAS/LFB that offer the same level of perks with cars for that department - but again, thats not happening soon.
I get what your saying here but surely someone who might want to just access cars, but doesnt want EA access will be happy to pay £6+VAT (£7.20) rather than £12.49+VAT (£15) for things they might not want

The thing is I know this is what was said would happen when we changed from Pateron to where we are now, but it never did, instead DLCs have become a thing, which tbh I thought was where tac ops was going

The thing is I know this is what was said would happen when we changed from Pateron to where we are now, but it never did, instead DLCs have become a thing, which tbh I thought was where tac ops was going
I mean this in the nicest way possible here, but read what you have said?

We made promises to give you more single purchase (DLC) which we have done.

If we was to make tac ops a single purchase type, the server has no future?

We have no millionaire backers, we aren’t releasing a AAA game on steam, we aren’t a Indy developer. For us to continue doing what we are doing for you all it has costs.

I enjoy being a dev, but ultimately if the server came to a point where development had to pay for it, the project would die.

I’m simple terms, single purchases don’t work for things that are constantly being developed and features added.

If you buy a DVD for say £10, all you get is that DVD. If you spend the same £10 for one month of Netflix you have 30 days to enjoy lots of films but never own the DVD.

Same principle here. We are constantly adding and improving, our product isn’t DVD like where its never going to change.

In my opinion to ask for Tac ops style features to be single purchase is actually unreasonable.

I get what your saying here but surely someone who might want to just access cars, but doesnt want EA access will be happy to pay £6+VAT (£7.20) rather than £12.49+VAT (£15) for things they might not want
From what you have just said, your not understanding - we make next to nothing off county lines (£1/2). Its there purely to give those who want to something small back back.

If we was to put “big features” into this - then correct everyone would be overjoyed. But there would be no server to enjoy it on.

None of the features in this packs are required to play the game, they purely enhance it and allow us to bring it to you.

In comparison to our competitors both sides of the pond, our pricing is the lower end. Most server sell packs, that you can buy over and over again bit like shark cards, thats why they don’t need subscription packs.

Our model just doesn’t work like that and that’s why subscriptions pay the bills unfortunately

I mean this in the nicest way possible here, but read what you have said?

We made promises to give you more single purchase (DLC) which we have done.

If we was to make tac ops a single purchase type, the server has no future?

We have no millionaire backers, we aren’t releasing a AAA game on steam, we aren’t a Indy developer. For us to continue doing what we are doing for you all it has costs.

I enjoy being a dev, but ultimately if the server came to a point where development had to pay for it, the project would die.

I’m simple terms, single purchases don’t work for things that are constantly being developed and features added.

If you buy a DVD for say £10, all you get is that DVD. If you spend the same £10 for one month of Netflix you have 30 days to enjoy lots of films but never own the DVD.

Same principle here. We are constantly adding and improving, our product isn’t DVD like where its never going to change.

In my opinion to ask for Tac ops style features to be single purchase is actually unreasonable.
I probably haven't explained myself very well.

What I am trying to say is orginally when we moved over the subscription service the concept that was told to us is eventually the subscription was going to be broke down so people can pay for what they want. I know this was said, I was at the meeting. As I mentioned above, if people want to pay for the cars, they can take out a car package subscription, if they want EA access and cars, they can take them out as seperate subscriptions. I aint saying make subscriptions a DLC or one off payment, I am just saying that DLCs have become the thing and there hasn't really been any movement around changing how the subscriptions work.

Personally I don't want to pay £15 a month just to be able to save my outfits. I never use the cars, they don't interest me. I don't really use the EA perks either. I would happily pay £8 a month so I can continue to change my outfits.

End of the day you guys runs the server, you know what works and what doesn't. But surely having more options and flexibility around what people want to have and pay for will be a benefit to all. After all you might have a lot more people who can't afford the full subscription, might be able to go for a single perks package.

I think of it like a meal deal, yes I could pay £4 and get all 3 items, a sandwich, a snack or a drink. Or I could just get a sandwich for £2.50, a drink for a £1, yes this has cost me £3.50 but I got what i want and saved 50p.

I know I won't be continuing to subscribe after years of doing so and since the days of Pateron subscriptions. I know others will be the same.

Tbh if the meal deal pitch doesn't work then im sold out 🤣