Declined A Change To The Tasers

The suggestion has been declined.

Wolfie

Banned
Reaction score
Durham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, North East England
As a CIV it has been noticed that the misuse of tasers is a massive problem and a lot of people mess around with them, as a suggestion to fix this would it be worth only giving officers a taser once they are advanced taser trained and therefore has to go to the armoury to get one like they would IRL, and add in the pepper spray mod that is seen a lot in DD Vids for example.

im sure it would help especially civs as there a lot of people misusing to the taser, especially newbies on the server

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
All officers go through basic taser training during their time at college and are taught on how to use them, when to use them and to consider de-escalation tactics in advance. Anyone caught abusing the taser should be referred to the appropriate chain of command and they may face retraining. I think locking everything behind further training based on the actions of a small amount of officers would not benefit everyone and could limit the amount of CivRP scenes that can be created. Just my thoughts.

As a CIV it has been noticed that the misuse of tasers is a massive problem and a lot of people mess around with them, as a suggestion to fix this would it be worth only giving officers a taser once they are advanced taser trained and therefore has to go to the armoury to get one like they would IRL, and add in the pepper spray mod that is seen a lot in DD Vids for example.

im sure it would help especially civs as there a lot of people misusing to the taser, especially newbies on the server

Hey Wolfie,

Thanks for raising your suggestion.

This is a tricky area which we've looked at before. We're always trying to find the balance between the casual evening players vs serious RP players, providing a similar experience without imposing too many limitations. At this stage, there are no plans to restrict the taser usage to a more specific user group. If you do encounter frequent offenders I would recommend bringing it up to the relevant Sergeant/Inspector. The individuals ultimately should go through retraining/be stripped of the PC tags if they abuse it.

Thanks