Ability for All Officers to Change their Unmarked Vehicle's Colour.

SilvEx

Reaction score
As the Title says^^

I believe that Officers who have unmarked vehicles should have the ability to change their colour, as only higher-ups have that privilege, and normal members of Divisions do not.

As the Title says^^

I believe that Officers who have unmarked vehicles should have the ability to change their colour, as only higher-ups have that privilege, and normal members of Divisions do not.
Hi mate,

Just to let you know, this isnt the case.

The colour car feature available through the F1 menu is accessible to everyone, what you may be getting confused with is the fact that not every unmarked car has alternate colours, and as such may seem as though you dont have the necessary permissions.

Perhaps an alternative suggestion would be to look at getting alternate colours for more unmarked vehicles? Just food for thought.

》 Gambit

Hi mate,

Just to let you know, this isnt the case.

The colour car feature available through the F1 menu is accessible to everyone, what you may be getting confused with is the fact that not every unmarked car has alternate colours, and as such may seem as though you dont have the necessary permissions.

Perhaps an alternative suggestion would be to look at getting alternate colours for more unmarked vehicles? Just food for thought.

》 Gambit
Nah my vehicle can change colour. I had an Admin do it for me so it definitely does.

Nah my vehicle can change colour. I had an Admin do it for me so it definitely does.
It's possible that is a forced or otherwise unauthorised colour then, as I have no issues changing colours of many of the unmarked AFO vehicles.

Alternatively, with the server only being pre-alpha, it is just as likely it is a bug or fault with the system. Might be worth clarifying with an admin when you can.

No worries, apparently DSU are one of the only Subdivisions that have this problem.

No worries, apparently DSU are one of the only Subdivisions that have this problem.
I would assume that it is likely a bug with the DSU vehicles then!

Then again, you know what they say about assuming...

Hi,

Just to catch up with you on this, this isn’t a bug nor a intentional feature. Basically at the moment we have two separate methods for this, the F1 menu & V-menu.

The one players have access to is F1 menu, this is a separate script. The reason we have done this is to ensure we dont get any silly colours.

At some-point we will redo this feature to allow changing of colours, but its not on the immediate horizon as the amount of work it would take to achieve.

Cheers, PMP Dev Team

Hi,

Just to catch up with you on this, this isn’t a bug nor a intentional feature. Basically at the moment we have two separate methods for this, the F1 menu & V-menu.

The one players have access to is F1 menu, this is a separate script. The reason we have done this is to ensure we dont get any silly colours.

At some-point we will redo this feature to allow changing of colours, but its not on the immediate horizon as the amount of work it would take to achieve.

Cheers, PMP Dev Team
Apparently, members of CID and other subdivisions can change their vehicle's colour no problem though - Surely it's no problem for DSU to be the same?

Apparently, members of CID and other subdivisions can change their vehicle's colour no problem though - Surely it's no problem for DSU to be the same?

Not all of the unmarked vehicles across divisions have the ability to change colours. I believe AFO only has 3 vehicles that have this option, so it's more of a vehicle-by-vehicle case.

Not all of the unmarked vehicles across divisions have the ability to change colours. I believe AFO only has 3 vehicles that have this option, so it's more of a vehicle-by-vehicle case.
The DSU BMW can change colour. A moderator did it for me, so it does change colour. What I don't understand is if other Subdivisions can change their colour, why not DSU also?

For clarification this isnt a divisional specific issue. Its realistically how rockstar want its 3d models defined & how they actually are defined are two different things. We will aim to look at rectifying this but it wont be anytime soon as its really not a quick fix.

Realistically looking at upwards of 10-15 minutes per vehicle and we have over 100 that would need done. What you will likely see is phasing out of defective vehicles with new operational ones.

PMP Dev Team