Declined Adding 4x4 vehicles into Raptor

The suggestion has been declined.

(OFC) XGhost

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Hello,

This suggestion is being brought by myself and some other few people within RTPC community, it has came to my thoughts that putting this suggestion to see peoples opinions and what they might think about it would help me get my point across. I originally had a chat with a few people about looking to see if it was possible to add 4x4 Vehicles such as RTPC X3 or X5s into RAPTOR Unit , There are many pros and cons to this debate and i feel it would be a great attraction and a new fun addition towards RTPC and the subdivision alone. Personally im not from England so im not familiar with the MET Police or what sort of vehicles they use but i do know that a couple of people have mentioned that X3 Hybrids also a couple more vehicles have been shown to be utilised as Raptor 1 , Of course adding 4x4 vehicles into a subdivision that mainly focused on small manoeuvrable vehicles (Bikes,Quads,etc) would sound like a bad idea , However i think if 4x4 vehicles were added or looked to be implemented we should take into consideration that the tactics that are utilised in these vehicles should be reduced such as Tactical Contact (head on - should be either extremely low speed or NOT to be utilised) , Rear ram - suitable at justifiable speeds and more tactics. I hope SPC or RTPC Command take this suggestion into mind and look at their perspective on what they can do, although i hope to see this suggestion have a positive impact on RAPTOR.

Many Thanks !
XGhost
09/11/2023

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The MET Police have been seen to use the silver X5 within RAPTOR, thats the only 4x4 I've personally seen documented online. Regarding manouverability of tight corners following bikes/quads, the X3 keeps up almost identically to the unmarked RAPTOR 5 series. You mention a good point of limiting tactics available in a 4x4, since all TPAC drivers are instructed they can commit rear contact on a bike in any car therefore this would be a fair limitation to stop head on contact for example in 4x4s by the Roads Crime Team.

It has been declined in the past
however I do think the suggestion carries some merit if the command team vote for it and it gets taken up the chain.

I’m not keen on this idea. Purely as raptor have there own fleet (which is rarely fully used) and access to all estates / saloons.
I beleive that adding SUVs to raptor would bring more danger towards riders whom are making off and will indefinitely bring you to a dissadvat compared to using a vehicle.

Hello,
RTPC Command and SPC have spoken about this and reviewed what we said previously.

We have come to the conclusion that this suggestion will be denied for the following reasons.
- Safety to the public / offender
- The vehicles cannot compete with other options, Saloons etc

Thank you for making this suggestion, Please do not be disheartened and feel free to post more suggestions.

Many thanks
Larry B (OS6)