Declined Advisor Role

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(OFC) Harry

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I always have had a joke with a few about becoming a advisor for PMP. Obviously this isn’t a thing but I thought maybe you guys would consider it as after a little bit of thinking it’s actually quite a good idea.

What my idea is is specially chosen people to become apart of the an Advisor team. Helping out new people, long lasting people and anyone who requires help. They would have special chats where all the information and commands would be there so they can guid people through any non moderator problems they have. This also allows all moderators to have a little strain off them with questions. I know from myself that I love to help people out and always helping and guiding people whenever they require it in game but especially in discord. I know anyone could advise people but a certain group that are willing to dedicate time to jumping in VC’s and helping new people the light processes could really bring a lot especially when they have the information that is required.

This would also improve the look of PMP as it would show that there are people there to help around the clock with easy and hard questions. I think this would benefit the server a lot. I would be happy to answer any questions before it gets denied just to let you know what I mean. Hope this all makes sense :)))

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey everyone,

I always have had a joke with a few about becoming a advisor for PMP. Obviously this isn’t a thing but I thought maybe you guys would consider it as after a little bit of thinking it’s actually quite a good idea.

What my idea is is specially chosen people to become apart of the an Advisor team. Helping out new people, long lasting people and anyone who requires help. They would have special chats where all the information and commands would be there so they can guid people through any non moderator problems they have. This also allows all moderators to have a little strain off them with questions. I know from myself that I love to help people out and always helping and guiding people whenever they require it in game but especially in discord. I know anyone could advise people but a certain group that are willing to dedicate time to jumping in VC’s and helping new people the light processes could really bring a lot especially when they have the information that is required.

This would also improve the look of PMP as it would show that there are people there to help around the clock with easy and hard questions. I think this would benefit the server a lot. I would be happy to answer any questions before it gets denied just to let you know what I mean. Hope this all makes sense :)))
In my opinion, this would be rather unnecessary - As a server we have some of the quickest response times, answering support tickets and assisting people in game too. Furthermore, if somebody asks for support or guidance in a public channel, normally more than 4 or 5 people will help them out and offer advice. We have commands and website pages set up to offer in-depth and quality advice on how to get started, how the server operates and the standards we expect. It would be adding a role that, basically, we already have in our community.

100% agree clynx. The community is amazing but if this was to become a thing it would have a wide range of aspects including live updates with outages, new information and developer updates and more. Just to take the pressure off and especially if advisors know the correct and most detailed response would create less problems etc.

Thanks
Harry

Which information would an advisor have that was surplus to what a normal member of the community would have?

So what role would these advisors serve that is not currently served by trainers and team leaders?

serve that is not currently served by trainers and team lea
Hi kior,
Yeah so this could add more support with PCSO's trying to become a PC by going into a VC with them and supporting them through the way. Also with cfx downages we could provide updates without having to put it into announcements, have more in-depth responses to questions and query's making them straightforward and informational providing ease, putting things into /bug areas, providing support with other divisions by explaining any questions people may have, known problems and how developers are fixing them, helping people with problems and issues, fivem problems including crashes etc, guiding people through processes and a lot more. I could name so many and how it could bring so much to the server with expert responses.

Any follow up questions throw them my way want to be completely transparent with this and show all the amazing benefits and downsides to my suggestion :)

With Clynx on this one, not really needed. We have so many help channels, its unreal! We have the forums/TLs/Trainers/SGTs. Really not needed.

Advisor is possibly the wrong term for this, usually, you'd see Advisors to the business.

Based on the examples above, you're essentially describing what Team Leaders, Trainers and Moderators do. We have rather an established system in place in terms of support. Adding a new role to the mix, especially if people were to have access to tickets would mean we'd need to everyone to sign NDAs, which is more admin than value it would bring in my view.

That’s understandable. It wouldn’t require them to have access to the support tickets but just a more in-depth answers etc to questions that team leaders etc could not answer in such high details

Last edited:
TLs are one of the most intelligent people, reasoning why they get TL. So TLs could answer any question with great detail

I understand this, but only 15-20 team leaders isn’t that many in the broad spectrum especially during the mornings and night time

If only the policemp chart showed TLs, this role would not be needed. We have a range of things that can provide assistance; St Johns help channel, general s support tickets, awaiting training PC/LAS we can give service there, TLs Sgts Insp, trainers buddies

There are also lots of helpful guides on the website and discord text channels / station forum posts for people to be directed too / lookup. My suggestion would be to make a post in there for new players :) Or a list of helpful things.

Hey pops,

That’s a great idea actually. I was planning on making gifs on how to get your uniform, cars etc for PCSO’s and how to change settings etc and a few things. Thanks :))

Hello harry! thank you for your suggestion!

As intrise said, We basically have people doing this kind of thing already, And we are not exactly keen to have to many roles in places that technically already exist, I get what you mean! i understand the points raised, But as of current just not something we would be looking into, So the suggestion will be marked as declined

Status
Not open for further replies.