Suggestion Declined AFO

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

legoboy

Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello now I know a lot of people know I love AFO but with there only being 60 allowed in the division i think they should up it to 70 or 65 because there has not been that much AFO on and i know if they did this there would be a lot of people that want to apply for this there fore you will have a lot of people that are dedicated to the division and that will be on the server to help as much people as they can and save as much people as they can I hope this will be accepted. Thank you
LegoBoy:)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Did a bit of maths earlier because i was thinking the same thing.

Currently just over 1/6th of PC's can be AFO.

Obviously this is a low number with players not always being active and playing as other devisions. However AFO is the elite of the police so it should have lower numbers.

If you increased it to 100 it would be 1/3 of the people trained as PCs able to be AFO.

I agree with the above idea but it would also be logical why they wouldnt want it.

I think it works fine as it is now

I think it works fine as it is now
Yes but in real life you would have more than just 60 AFO max they would have at least 70 to 75 because they have to patrol L
ondon so it would be realistic

Honestly, I see no reason why this should be implemented, we've heard the same thing for other divisions such as RTPC Where people say "RTPC Is inactive but If I joined I would be on every day" No matter the division there is always going to be times where no one is one in the division and increasing numbers wouldn't do much other than maybe have more members but other than that nothing really. Also, the number for AFO Is 60 but we have more AFO Than that because anyone who is band 2 and above gets access to all divisions and this includes AFO So realistically speaking AFO Already has above 70 numbers so increasing it wouldn't be any more beneficial.

If we are going off the basis of real-life numbers yes the met police has "2,469" AFOs But if that's the case we might as well up numbers for every division not just AFOs to patrol the streets, in addition, I don't think anyone cares too deeply that they don't see a firearms car patrolling around London I mean the only time you would see them if they were responding to a call or on scene at one. I believe AFO Is active enough as it is and I don't think this number needs to be increased at all. To be honest I think this post just screams that "AFO Apps haven't been open for a long time so you should open them again". AFO Is elite and the most sought job on the server I think the cap at 60 Keeps the competition high and always brings out the best of the best, uping slots kinda removes this as there are more spaces that can be filled.

Honestly, I see no reason why this should be implemented, we've heard the same thing for other divisions such as RTPC Where people say "RTPC Is inactive but If I joined I would be on every day" No matter the division there is always going to be times where no one is one in the division and increasing numbers wouldn't do much other than maybe have more members but other than that nothing really. Also, the number for AFO Is 60 but we have more AFO Than that because anyone who is band 2 and above gets access to all divisions and this includes AFO So realistically speaking AFO Already has above 70 numbers so increasing it wouldn't be any more beneficial.

If we are going off the basis of real-life numbers yes the met police has "2,469" AFOs But if that's the case we might as well up numbers for every division not just AFOs to patrol the streets, in addition, I don't think anyone cares too deeply that they don't see a firearms car patrolling around London I mean the only time you would see them if they were responding to a call or on scene at one. I believe AFO Is active enough as it is and I don't think this number needs to be increased at all. To be honest I think this post just screams that "AFO Apps haven't been open for a long time so you should open them again". AFO Is elite and the most sought job on the server I think the cap at 60 Keeps the competition high and always brings out the best of the best, uping slots kinda removes this as there are more spaces that can be filled.
Have to agree with this in fairness.

Hi Legoboy,

Thank you for your suggestion above, whilst I understand your IRL point of in London they would have more than 60 officers on patrol. This is not London and our ratio to AFO officers is related to the overall community numbers.

As briefly discussed above, AFO is capped due to multiple factors which include divisional activity, community growth and overall server experience (i.e not taking away from other divisions).

This capped number is consistenly reviewed by AFO Command and Senior Police Command, however, at this moment in time it will not be increased.

For this reason, I will be declining this suggestion.

Many thanks,