Declined Alternative Radio Software

The suggestion has been declined.

(O1) TechGeek

Control Room Team Leader
Reaction score
Hi,
I know this is quite a big suggestion but I feel using TeamSpeak for radio communications could be a big improvement for the server. It enables officers to listen in to multiple channels at once and control will have a much greater control, amongst other significant benefits. I’m sure that there may be some compatibility issues with the server and I understand that however it is worth the question. I am aware of Sonoran radio being considered some time ago and that is also a good option especially if the server was to migrate to use the Sonoran CMS in the future.
Thank you,
TechGeek

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi,
I know this is quite a big suggestion but I feel using TeamSpeak for radio communications could be a big improvement for the server. It enables officers to listen in to multiple channels at once and control will have a much greater control, amongst other significant benefits. I’m sure that there may be some compatibility issues with the server and I understand that however it is worth the question. I am aware of Sonoran radio being considered some time ago and that is also a good option especially if the server was to migrate to use the Sonoran CMS in the future.
Thank you,
TechGeek
Teamspeak would be a bit of a hassle tbh, the normal radio works fine and there are up to 10 channels for it. Teamspeak could come in if the player base, how many people are on, increases. Such as over 100+ or 125+ we could have around 10-15 channels to use. But control would have a big change to it as well. Not only have to be on cad but also on team speak working out how many people Is in which channel. But always willing to hear others' thoughts.

Hi,
Thank you,
TechGeek
Hello Tech,

This has been reviewed before and live tested with myself and band 3s but the reason we don’t use Sonoran Radio as much of a great bit of kit it is, is it’s another external software we would have to manage and staff, not only that getting people set up on it isn’t as easy as a shift F2 if you get where I’m coming from!

I appreciate the suggestion,

Thanks

Liam