Pending ANPR System

The suggestion is Pending for review

[2397] Sam.B

MET Trainer
Reaction score
With the new ANPR system, you have to be double-crewed or stop every time to check it. Not having live updates/not knowing that they have pinged a new ANPR camera.

Just had a 1 hour chase, where whenever we pinged it we would go to them they would have gone 1 mile further up the road. Previous to the new ANPR script we would ask in chat for their anpr and 9/10 they would have to stop or slow down to reply therefore giving us a chance to catch up however recently they dont have to so they can just floor it and unless NPAS are avaliable (which they weren't) you have stuck on a anpr spree waiting for the suspect to stop/slow down massively.

Our suggestion is to add something in chat where you can focus on a car's plate and it will tell you in chat where it is or even better put a marker on the map with a route to it when it goes through an ANPR camera. If we can't get it in chat then maybe having a gui on screen that doesn't take the whole screen and still allows you to drive with live updates wether thats a picture on the map of where it is with the postal or a gps system giving you directions to the location.

With the new ANPR system, you have to be double-crewed or stop every time to check it. Not having live updates/not knowing that they have pinged a new ANPR camera.

Just had a 1 hour chase, where whenever we pinged it we would go to them they would have gone 1 mile further up the road. Previous to the new ANPR script we would ask in chat for their anpr and 9/10 they would have to stop or slow down to reply therefore giving us a chance to catch up however recently they dont have to so they can just floor it and unless NPAS are avaliable (which they weren't) you have stuck on a anpr spree waiting for the suspect to stop/slow down massively.

Our suggestion is to add something in chat where you can focus on a car's plate and it will tell you in chat where it is or even better put a marker on the map with a route to it when it goes through an ANPR camera. If we can't get it in chat then maybe having a gui on screen that doesn't take the whole screen and still allows you to drive with live updates wether thats a picture on the map of where it is with the postal or a gps system giving you directions to the location.
+1. The new ANPR camera is very out of sync

Maybe something can be implemented via control, possible new control sub division or give FIM more to do to do, where you can request ANPR and have someone to help you track the VRN and provide up to date details/location of said vehicle. I don't think the system is out of sync you just need to press the search button each time.

If someone has made off from you and get away, it's highly unlikely they would just keep racing on for no reason. Use the ANPR system to track them in a non pursuit scenario and see where they may lead you. If there are no further ANPR pings you could search that area. and may find the vehicle, using a little creativity and critical thinking could still lead to you catching the suspect. Just need to think outside the box. That suspect may have stopped at a drug lab or their own home or lead to a gang hideout which could lead to finding more information or criminals/gangs. There is a lot of potential.

I like this current system as it encourages double crewing and working as a team.
Perhaps I just need some friends 1710950400656.png

Maybe something can be implemented via control, possible new control sub division or give FIM more to do to do, where you can request ANPR and have someone to help you track the VRN and provide up to date details/location of said vehicle. I don't think the system is out of sync you just need to press the search button each time.

If someone has made off from you and get away, it's highly unlikely they would just keep racing on for no reason. Use the ANPR system to track them in a non pursuit scenario and see where they may lead you. If there are no further ANPR pings you could search that area. and may find the vehicle, using a little creativity and critical thinking could still lead to you catching the suspect. Just need to think outside the box. That suspect may have stopped at a drug lab or their own home or lead to a gang hideout which could lead to finding more information or criminals/gangs. There is a lot of potential.
From what i have seen so far, they don't really stop they just keep racing around until they see you again. I also like your control idea however we would also need something for when control isn't on otherwise we would get stuck Lol.

I think where Myles mentions the system being 'out of sync' he means by having to sit and spam enter it doesn't really feel live and doesn't always load correctly.