Suggestion Declined Aux - Civ Roleplay: British Radio In Car

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Macho

Subscriber
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: British Radio In Car

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

I would Suggest As its a London Based We / You Try to Add a British Radio Command to Replace GTA 5 Station as a American In a British Dosnt really make Sense

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Greetings Liam 👋

The radio in the Civ cars is the default one from GTA V - It plays all sorts of music and although in the podcast ones it's American voices, it doesn't really serve a difference whether its British or American because they will both still play music. I also know a vast amount of players who have the music volume muted.

It would be cool however to have something like HEART FM playing or BBC radio, however I am unable to 100% confirm but I don't believe it's possible to add a real life radio station. My understanding is that you host your own radio station to play songs in an order that is then embedded via a javascript file. I also cannot confirm whether these are client sided only.

I will leave this open while I do a bit more digging to see if this is even possible before consideration, thank you for the suggestion!

Many Thanks,

As an American, I find the GTAV Radio to be very realistic and homey

Greetings Liam 👋

The radio in the Civ cars is the default one from GTA V - It plays all sorts of music and although in the podcast ones it's American voices, it doesn't really serve a difference whether its British or American because they will both still play music. I also know a vast amount of players who have the music volume muted.

It would be cool however to have something like HEART FM playing or BBC radio, however I am unable to 100% confirm but I don't believe it's possible to add a real life radio station. My understanding is that you host your own radio station to play songs in an order that is then embedded via a javascript file. I also cannot confirm whether these are client sided only.

I will leave this open while I do a bit more digging to see if this is even possible before consideration, thank you for the suggestion!

Many Thanks,
Any Update ?

Doing this in server would change it for everyone not just civ although I imagine there is a way to do it client side at the very least

Greeting I come back bearing news.

Firstly thank you Clynx for your kind words. Also Mr darkblade, only Civ's have access to the in game radio. I believe for every other radio in game (aside from NPC vehicles) you cannot utilize it.

Through further digging I have come to the ultimate conclusion off *drum roll*

Spotify! :D

Sadly I could not find anyway to carry out your request to do it server sided, and to only have it client sided would be a little pointless since only you would be able to hear it (so at that point might as well just use spotify or an online radio website such as HEART FM

Many thanks for your suggestion and everyone else' input <3,

*edit on that basis I will be declining this suggestion*