Suggestion Declined Aux - Civ Roleplay: Change how case files are requested

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(E7) LexiPotato

NHS Operations Managers
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change how case files are requested

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

So since becoming a civ, I've tried to start a case file around 12 times. Every time I'm arrested and taken to a station, there's never any custody, which makes it difficult (impossible) for case files to be started with no custody.

I've noticed that custody isn't that active anyway, which could be a problem for others who want to do case files, especially with them recently being opened again.

My suggestion is to remove the custody booking requirement for case files (unless custody is active in which case still utilise custody) and instead have the arresting officer fill out a form regarding the arrest which can be used if the civ wants to start a case file.

Ultimately, it's very disheartening for a civ to spend countless hours working on an amazing case file just for it to go down the drain if it can't get started

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi, forensic investigations aswell as statements can be used as alternative methods of opening a case file. We had closed the system to rebuild it to encourage activity and it was only re opened a few weeks ago. CID were always designated as those able to file a case request due to their generally increased knowledge of how the system works via training, whereas officers from other divisions are unlikely to have this knowledge. Of course, this is civ command's suggestion but thought I would throw in some info from the CID side of things.

Jinpooh
DI1

As Jinpooh said, we have three ways of starting a case file, these are detailed in the CID Case File guide found in the civ form hub.

Hello (TL4) LexiPotato

Thank you for your suggestion, I can see where you are coming from but i will be declining this, we will have a look into it but cant say anything will come from it, so for that reason it will be declined.

Once again thank you for your suggestion,

Many Thanks
(CR1) Davies
Deputy Head of Civilian Operations
& Civilian Operations Command Team