Pending Divisional Review Aux - Civ Roleplay: Changes to how civs enter 999s

The suggestion is awaiting divisional review.

(E1) Xi Jinpooh

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Changes to how civs enter 999s

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

Hello, I suggest that civs adopt a new style of 999 call when entering to text chat or control.

Instead of the call being a direct transcript of what someone may say over the phone, the civ summarises to reflect the notes a controller would take when recieving the call.

For example, instead of "Hello, I just looked over the road and there is smoke coming from a car, I hear screaming from inside and I think I see fire from inside. Send LFB!"
You would summarise like how I'm sure controllers do IRL by listening to the call and noting details of importance to say "Suspected fire within a vehicle, smoke seen with potential casualties inside the vehicle, postal 611."
Above is obviously only an example, it would vary each time.

This keeps things neat and consistent while going along the realism route. If control is operating the 999 channel they will take notes of the incident and reflect those in a CAD call before attaching units. Why is it any different when the civs enter them independently?

Happy to recieve DMs or jump into a VC if there are any questions.
Cheers,
Jinpooh :)

It's the Controllers job to understand a call and formulate a relevant CAD description. When I was Control/FIM it was the CROs duty to take on any incoming 999s (Both CAD and Radio) and then get the duty controller to assign units.

Sorry but from me I don't see much merit in doing it for CAD calls, maybe for text chat 999 it has a bit of merit but I haven't much encountered many problems with the way its currently done.

Correct me if im wrong but most calls im attached to on CAD are directly from what the civ has inputed. Controllers don't take it apart and re assemble whats useful, they attach as it comes to them. As I say if you have had a different experience im all ears but thats what ive seen personally

100%, even when I was on control there was no time to sit there and take apart someones 999 to make it sounds like its from control, you just chuck it on and assign units so you can get onto the next one. As a civ it doesnt take anything extra to do this, instead of your normal 999 you just use different words. I like this, its also a way of giving a few more details

I like this idea, I think it would be straight to the point and units know what they are looking for and then they can pre plan before getting there.

Suggestion Title: Changes to how civs enter 999s

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

Hello, I suggest that civs adopt a new style of 999 call when entering to text chat or control.

Instead of the call being a direct transcript of what someone may say over the phone, the civ summarises to reflect the notes a controller would take when recieving the call.

For example, instead of "Hello, I just looked over the road and there is smoke coming from a car, I hear screaming from inside and I think I see fire from inside. Send LFB!"
You would summarise like how I'm sure controllers do IRL by listening to the call and noting details of importance to say "Suspected fire within a vehicle, smoke seen with potential casualties inside the vehicle, postal 611."
Above is obviously only an example, it would vary each time.

This keeps things neat and consistent while going along the realism route. If control is operating the 999 channel they will take notes of the incident and reflect those in a CAD call before attaching units. Why is it any different when the civs enter them independently?

Happy to recieve DMs or jump into a VC if there are any questions.
Cheers,
Jinpooh :)

Thanks for your suggestion.
I like the idea to be able to be more detailed about Civilian's 999 calls, however realistically it does not happen. As @(RI1) M.Harrod rightly said that it does not take much to do this, but with the current issues we are still facing with civilians not putting in correct postals and/or targeted divisions in their CAD call, adding this will create an even larger issue in my opinion. With that being said, if @(E5) NOOSE-RYAN is happy for this to be implemented, we can come up with certain criteria that is needed to ensure /999 or CAD calls are sent in correctly based on a summarised call, and we shall discuss this further in details and bring this up within the civ command team.

Hello,

I like the idea.... It would add a further sense that the call has been typed out by an Operator. However some civilians are not trained in the Control Room and do not know exactly what type of Information we collect. We would need to sit down with civ command (which I am more than happy to do) and talk about what information would be required for the nature of the 999 - as similar to what the CRO would ask.

As @smallp already stated, this increases realism which is what we all want in the community.