Suggestion Declined Aux - Civ Roleplay: Civs on motorbikes with no helmet

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Kezza768

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Civs on motorbikes with no helmet

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

As an RTPC Officer, it is incredibly frustrating when you stop a bike when the rider is wearing no helmet, only to be told 'out of RP mate, the ped doesn't let you have a helmet'. The stop is just a waste of both of our time and unnecessary. I would like for CIV Command to make it mandatory to only use peds that can equip helmets on motorcycles and if peds are not using a model that can equip helmets, then it will be taken as the person is not wearing one. Thanks :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I get where your coming from but it will severely restrict the amount of peds we can use. Unfortunately this is a limitation that you have when not able to use customchar. Maybe there's something devs can do?

I get where your coming from but it will severely restrict the amount of peds we can use. Unfortunately this is a limitation that you have when not able to use customchar. Maybe there's something devs can do?
I’m a Civ too and there are plenty ped characters that can be used for bike scenes which allow helmets that make the RP realistic and fun for all.

looking at this from both sides of the coin,

yes its irritating sometimes, but you can still issue a ticket etc for no helmet as it's their choice to use that ped,

from a civ point of view, i think we have 3 or 4 at a push peds that allow helmets so would significantly reduce our ability to rp certain things if the ped doesnt suit our scene, again its our choice to use the one without a helmet and we should still rp having no helmet if we get questioned on it

looking at this from both sides of the coin,

yes its irritating sometimes, but you can still issue a ticket etc for no helmet as it's their choice to use that ped,

from a civ point of view, i think we have 3 or 4 at a push peds that allow helmets so would significantly reduce our ability to rp certain things if the ped doesnt suit our scene, again its our choice to use the one without a helmet and we should still rp having no helmet if we get questioned on it
Fair point and I agree with that - if a civ chooses to use that specific ped with no helmet, it should be RP’d as riding with no helmet and the scene shouldn’t be broken. I think it would be beneficial for all if this was proper CivRP policy.

Fair point and I agree with that - if a civ chooses to use that specific ped with no helmet, it should be RP’d as riding with no helmet and the scene shouldn’t be broken. I think it would be beneficial for all if this was proper CivRP policy.
That's a fair point. There is the new rule of no breaking rp so I guess this would help.

Hello Kezza768

Thank you for suggestion but unfortunately i cant see this working due to the ped we have available already have pre-set amount of props that the peds can use e.g. different character hats etc. As there are some peds that are different hight or different body builds and facial features. Thank you again for the suggestion we might come back to this down the line but at the moment i cant see this working.

(CR1) Davies
Deputy Head of Civilian Operations
& Civilian Operations Command Team