Pending Dev Review Aux - Highways: A Blip Marker For A Road Closures

The suggestion is awaiting dev review.

(CR3) OnlyBird

Assistant Head of Civ
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: A Blip Marker For A Road Closures

Division: Aux - Highways

So when highways Or Any Divisions close a road you can put a blip on the map which everyone would see and then they can plan and alternative route. That way when highways puts out the road closure in chat they can also put out a blip on the map that way everyone knows if its open or closed.

Just like how AFO Do the Weapons Marker - have attached an example

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-24 231031117.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-24 231031117.png
    361.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Upvote 4
Brill idea, would save a lot of hassle and a genuinely good suggestion. +1

This sounds good, would help when responding to an emergency etc so you don't get stuck and have to drive through. +1

Suggestion Title: A Blip Marker For A Road Closures

Division: Aux - Highways

So when highways Or Any Divisions close a road you can put a blip on the map which everyone would see and then they can plan and alternative route. That way when highways puts out the road closure in chat they can also put out a blip on the map that way everyone knows if its open or closed.

Just like how AFO Do the Weapons Marker - have attached an example
Good Morning TheOnlyBird98,

I like this idea, as like you said it will make road closures etc alot more visible to other Players which would allow them to plan an alternative route, Is there a link to this please.

I will have a chat with the rest of the National Highways Command Team and we will take it from there.

Thank you for your suggestion.

(NS4) DG.TECH
National Highways Manager

Flight Ops
Civilian
RTPC
LFB Firefighter

I like this idea, as like you said it will make road closures etc alot more visible to other Players which would allow them to plan an alternative route, Is there a link to this please.

I will have a chat with the rest of the National Highways Command Team and we will take it from there.

(NS4) DG.TECH

Flight Ops
Civilian
RTPC
LFB Firefighter
I don’t believe there is a link to it as it would be similar to the AFO cordon menu but with hopefully an orange colour and different icon in the centre.

(NS4) DG.TECH

Flight Ops
Civilian
RTPC
LFB Firefighter
Hi DG,

I’m glad your like the idea as I feel it would enchance the role play (EG. On google maps it would show road closures etc) and I feel it would make it look better and people can plan and alternate route.

Unfortunately I do not have a link as I made it on photoshop as an example but I’m sure the Dev team could quite easily create it as they have something similar for AFO (shots fired)

Thank you,
TheOnlyBird98

Hi @TheOnlyBird98

I absoulutley love this idea! It'd be perfect for Highways For Scenes and maybe even LFB for Hazmat Scenes! I will move this suggestion to
Pending Dev Review.

I'm pretty sure it'd be easy to implement as its a case of using the AFO cordon script and Changing perms to Highways Tag and Changing Emoji etc

Kind Regards,
Highways Managemnt