Suggestion Accepted Aux - Highways: CCTV for national highways

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

Reece1

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: CCTV for national highways

Division: Aux - Highways

with the new cctv system being added for control my suggestion is to allow highways access to it for the motorway network , we have a cctv control room in the city base and it would be good if once we are in there we have access to the cctv system to watch over incidents on the network and deploy on road crews to them

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: CCTV for national highways

Division: Aux - Highways

with the new cctv system being added for control my suggestion is to allow highways access to it for the motorway network , we have a cctv control room in the city base and it would be good if once we are in there we have access to the cctv system to watch over incidents on the network and deploy on road crews to them
100% agree, they do monitor the road networks through cctv. +1

Agree with this, they do monitor the large A roads and Motorways from a central site.

Thank you for this suggestion! I think it's a fantastic idea

This would enhance the roleplay more for national highways, and as previously mentioned, they have access to this in-real life to dispatch units and edit their overhead boards.

Will set this suggestion to "Pending Developer Review" until approved by Developers.

Thanks
Penguin

Hello,

I can see both pros and cons to this.

A pro is it will allow the highways agency to monitor the road networks better but a con is some may see it as a way of not actively patrolling the road networks and instead be sat in a control room watching CCTV instead.

The Control Room is everyone's control room and not just Police, Fire or Ambulance. This also means the Control Room also deals with dispatching highways to incidents and as such should be the ones to monitor CCTV. IRL you wouldn't expect response officers to be sat in a Control Room monitoring CCTV.