Suggestion Declined Aux - Highways: Network Rail (Rail Incident Support, Response Unit)

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(CR2) Keiron

Assistant Head of Civ
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Network Rail (Rail Incident Support, Response Unit)

Division: Aux - Highways

Recently I have seen quite a few scenes that are near or on rail tracks, and people have been using yellow text to ask for the rails to be shut down etc.

My idea is having a Network Rail Incident Support/Response Unit as a subdivision/training of Highways, like AA and DVSA, as it would allow for some really cool and unique RP when it comes to scenes near railways, and also it gives another range of things for NH/Aux Ops to do.

This does exist in real life, and they are the ones responsible for making sure that the rails are made safe for emergency workers (trains are stopped via control, but the on site teams isolate third rails etc), and then they make sure that the rails are safe to reopen once everything has been dealt with.

There are network rail vans already in game, but below are some examples of real life vehicles

As another thing to add to this, and no idea if this bit of possible, but maybe have the trains actually running/functioning, but with a command available to control and Network rail (probably LFB too), the trains could be stopped and started.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 250535331_469924697676556_4203545813466522988_n.jpg
    250535331_469924697676556_4203545813466522988_n.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 48935236667_e454924ef9_b.jpg
    48935236667_e454924ef9_b.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 15
  • Emergency-Intervention-Unit-and-Drone-composite.jpg
    Emergency-Intervention-Unit-and-Drone-composite.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 14
  • 48915860747_8845f36774_b.jpg
    48915860747_8845f36774_b.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 14
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the Idea behind this but it might take some thinking as yes civs do scenes involving rail tracks but the problem I see with it is that if it was a sub division of highways what would be the main purpose of it as I know AA do recoveries for example.
What would Network rail do other than tend to the condition of the tracks and maybe close off rail lines to trains on emergencies.

I like the Idea behind this but it might take some thinking as yes civs do scenes involving rail tracks but the problem I see with it is that if it was a sub division of highways what would be the main purpose of it as I know AA do recoveries for example.
What would Network rail do other than tend to the condition of the tracks and maybe close off rail lines to trains on emergencies.
I suppose that it would likely be the same as national highways in a sense, which is that they don't have much to "do", other than close the road in emergencies and keep people safe on the motorway. The rest of it is just RP based, like NH, for example role-playing doing roadworks etc. Rail would work the same. Their "do" would be close tracks and keep people safe on the tracks, with the rest just being RP based like signal repairs etc.

It's a great idea but would be a very Difficult one to Implement as a sub division within National Highways for now i wont decline the suggestion i will speak with Clapham and see if its something we could attempt but i suspect it will be a path we don't take i will update this once I've spoken with him :)

It's a great idea but would be a very Difficult one to Implement as a sub division within National Highways for now i wont decline the suggestion i will speak with Clapham and see if its something we could attempt but i suspect it will be a path we don't take i will update this once I've spoken with him :)
Hey there, just wondering if there was any update? This is something that I would be very happy to assist with in setting-up if it did become a thing :)

Hey there, just wondering if there was any update? This is something that I would be very happy to assist with in setting-up if it did become a thing :)
I think sound like great idea

thankyou for your suggestion. at this moment in time this will be declined.

at present we don't have the recourses to create a further sub division but it maybe something for the future.