Suggestion Declined Aux - Highways: NH Sub-Division

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgyfa

LFB Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: NH Sub-Division

Division: Aux - Highways

I Would like to suggest that as a Sub-division of Nationalhighway is a similar role to what the highways team would do but a sub-division of TrafficManagement that is base for City that can help or manage road closure in the city like there is in reality with road incident or road repairs.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello

Please can you further elaborate on your idea.

How would this work in your mind?
What would it work with?
How would this benefit the division/other divisions/server?

The traffic management concept:

National highways handle work site closures, public safety closures, and closures for emergency services' and other users' safety. They make sure that A-roads and the highway are in good condition and safe, and they safeguard and ensure the safety of emergency services.

Similar tasks are performed by traffic management, although they focus more on city roads. They make sure that road closures are in place for any necessary maintenance and that they assist emergency services when road closures are necessary because of events.

Suggestion Title: NH Sub-Division

Division: Aux - Highways

I Would like to suggest that as a Sub-division of Nationalhighway is a similar role to what the highways team would do but a sub-division of TrafficManagement that is base for City that can help or manage road closure in the city like there is in reality with road incident or road repairs.
-1 As much as I like it, I have never seen anything other than Police blocking off city roads, therefore as much as I like the Idea I dont think it is realistic, or benifit the server in anyway as this would take away from ERTs job of lane closures and other traffic management.You also mentioned this subdivision being able to do Roadworks/maintenance this would give a new dynamic to Highways by allowing you to go into the City and say, block off a road with cones and perform roadworks, however would it be possible? Probably not, because to have that work it would require quite a few Maintenance officers on and I could see it being an underused subdivision as at the end of the day it is quite a useless task to undertake as once completed there is no difference to when you started.

I understand where your coming from on this topic, I only suggested it due to my in-few of the Highways not getting much of the call-outs even when there are scenes on highways. Thank you for your input :) no hard feeling honestly

I understand where your coming from on this topic, I only suggested it due to my in-few of the Highways not getting much of the call-outs even when there are scenes on highways. Thank you for your input :) no hard feeling honestly
I dont think it is a bad idea at all, but I just dont think it would be used, or that its realistic. :)

Hello! Thank you for your suggestion

Ultimately ross has covered a big chunk of my opinion, I do not believe this is something that is be suited for NH at the current time so i will have to decline this suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.