Suggestion Declined Aux - NPAS: Fire and Rescue Helicopter

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Nothing4182

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Fire and Rescue Helicopter

Division: Aux - NPAS

Hello, I was discussing with other pilots regarding helicopters in-game when we talked about a S&R Helicopter for LFB. After that it stayed in my mind and I was reminded of it today when I was dispatched to a lost person call as NPAS to search for him. We were dispatched to search around 1007 and later found the person on top of a hill away from any roads and rough terrain, injured. HART had deployed polaris to reach him and then treated him. Helimed had to be called but there was nowhere possible for them to land due to rough terrain and they had to land several postals away on the road.

What if we had a FRU Helicopter that specialized in explicitly transporting and accessing people in bad situations where cannot be easily accessed otherwise, they can transport HART to the injured and can transport stable patients to nearest medical vehicle for actual transport to hospitals. Being an FRU Pilot would be the most difficult in Flight Ops due to its risks but they could attempt more risky landings which are currently not done by Helimed (or if tools/codes made for FRU personnel/helicopter to lower/grab people on the ground without landing the helicopter like real Rescue teams do).

I believe by having FRU Helicopters that access patients that are not accessible otherwise, civs could also make some interesting scenes and the variety of calls could increase.

Getting an FRU Helicopter wouldn't be difficult as LFB uses EC145 as FRU Helicopter as well. It all depends on if the command sees it useful.

EC145_Copyright_ECUK_Geoff_Bakewell.jpg
9389143528_eddb75ef9f_b.jpg

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello Nothing,

Thanks for the detailed suggestion I absolutely agree with you that a search and rescue helicopter would be an invaluable asset for HART/FRU. Fortunately something is already in the works which you can view for yourself in #🟦developer-blog on discord. As such I will be moving this to declined as the Devs are already on it. Any further questions feel free to message me on discord.

Best Regards,
(NS2) AlexSure
Flight Ops Command

Attachments

• IMG_7946.jpeg
    IMG_7946.jpeg
    787 KB · Views: 5