Pending Dev Review Aux - NPAS: Flight Ops - Suggestions

The suggestion is awaiting dev review.

willrunci

Media Team
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Flight Ops - Suggestions

Division: Aux - NPAS

Good morning!

Been toying with some ideas to improve realism to FO. PSB several ideas in one suggestion box.

- Realistic Cockpit Audio Warnings.
LOW HEIGHT - Auto call under 300 FT - http://www.sndup.net/yrsw
This would help drastically improve situational awareness of height.
MASTER CAUTION - On engine failure.
Black Box keybind - On any incident a keybind can be pressed to record an incident, including visual and flight data.

- In cockpit background noise.
Been playing with some voice over tech that could introduce a low helicopter blade noise to radio comms when in a cab, adding the realism to airborne comms.

- HEMS - HELIMED BASE - RAF Northolt
Currently all FO sorties are conducted out of a hangar. Could Helimed utilise another location to stage operations?

- Rename Comms Ticket role holders to Tactical Flight Officer role. This i feel would increase the desirability of the position and increase recruitment. A Band2 role named Base Manager (Similar IRL) could be introduced to manage the TFO cadre under FO, relieving workload of current Flight Captains and encourage activity.

Upvote 1
Suggestion Title: Flight Ops - Suggestions

Division: Aux - NPAS

Good morning!

Been toying with some ideas to improve realism to FO. PSB several ideas in one suggestion box.

- Realistic Cockpit Audio Warnings.
LOW HEIGHT - Auto call under 300 FT - http://www.sndup.net/yrsw
This would help drastically improve situational awareness of height.
MASTER CAUTION - On engine failure.
Black Box keybind - On any incident a keybind can be pressed to record an incident, including visual and flight data.

- In cockpit background noise.
Been playing with some voice over tech that could introduce a low helicopter blade noise to radio comms when in a cab, adding the realism to airborne comms.

- HEMS - HELIMED BASE - RAF Northolt
Currently all FO sorties are conducted out of a hangar. Could Helimed utilise another location to stage operations?

- Rename Comms Ticket role holders to Tactical Flight Officer role. This i feel would increase the desirability of the position and increase recruitment. A Band2 role named Base Manager (Similar IRL) could be introduced to manage the TFO cadre under FO, relieving workload of current Flight Captains and encourage activity.
I agree with will here, Makes it more realistic regarding roleplay and a more enjoyable experience for extreme roleplays like me.

Kind Regards,
ERT Police Constable,
Jack.

Hi Will,
I will break up the suggestions here and answer each one:

Suggestion 1 (Dev needed): Cockpit sounds and Blackbox: (Pending DEV)
I would agree with you here on the realistic sounds. I Believe that these could be added rather easily with a simple script and it would improve realism and healp pilots stay at their Flight ceiling. I also believe a Master caution could be added if the engine failures are revisited in the future.
I Dont think it would be possible to get a Blackbox feature.

Suggestion 2: Airborne Comms: (Denied)
I believe this could add to realsim but the easiest way to achieve this is by using a soundboard or similar application.

Suggestion 3: HEMS/Helimed Base: (Pending Dev)
I believe there is a few suggestions for this and i have and will always agree that Helimed should be operating from the own airbase however this requres a serious amount of Dev work to achieve but again would be nice to see.

Suggestion 4: Rename Comms Ticket and add B2 position: (pending talks and decisions)

I can say with confidence that i like this. HOWEVER:
renaming roles is easy, but making it a whole new section and reworking everything to be that new name would take a lot of time. As well as this this wont be something I could approve on the spot but rather something which would require some meetings with higher ranking members of the Server (SM). THis will stay pending for now.

NOW
Thank you for all these suggestions. I will be moving the above to

Pending Dev Review

for the 2 dev suggestions.

Kind regards

NS1 Beatz | Flight Captain