Accepted Band 2 Chats

The suggestion has been accepted.

CallumCID

Police Constable
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to suggest the addition of a channel in Discord, which would allow the band 2 chats to be separated into a Band 2 Chat and a Police Band 2 chat. The Police Band 2 chat would only contain members who are Band 2+ in the Police tree, whereas the Band 2 chat would encompass all who hold the "Band 2" role on Discord. At the moment there is one Band 2 chat, named "Police-band-2-team", which includes some people who are band 2 in different trees. As a result of this, there is often confusion amongst people in this channel of what an announcement/message relates to. For example, a few weeks ago, Avery requested a catchup with divisional Sergeants and Inspectors and popped a message into the Band 2 chat pinging band 2. This then caused confusion amongst people from LFB/LAS who were unaware if the message concerned them or not. With the addition of a solely Police band 2 chat, such needless confusion would be easily avoidable. Despite an announcement tagging "Sergeant" and "Inspector", this confusion will inevitably still be present. Not only will this new channel reduce confusion, it will allow easier dialect between Senior Police Command and Police Band 2. Police specific announcements could be placed in this channel, meaning that all and only those that it involves will be able to see it clearly and digest the messages more efficiently.

As the server continues to grow and expand, I believe that this confusion will only increase, as different trees take on more members of command. In my opinion, there are now sufficient amounts of "Police Band 2s", for a new channel to be created. I fully understand that the creation of a new channel is not an easy decision to make, and accept. However, I feel that the pros will outweigh the cons in the long run.

Thank you for reading/ considering this 😊
Detective Sergeant, Callum (DS3)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.