Declined Car boots.

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchi

Reaction score
To have a fire extinguisher in boots of cars as in real life they have 1kg and 3kg fire extinguisher this would create a more realistic RP and allow officers to control/manage a small fire or a smoking vehicle but if the fire gets out of control or the vehicle is still smoking after we have used the fire extinguisher then you would request LFB. in addition to this it would be nice to see more things added in the boots of vehicles! :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If this was to go ahead it would have to be restricted to certain divisions eg. AFO, RPU and Highways as it would defeat the object of having LFB if everyone is going to carry an extinguisher.

You'll also have people who will respond to building fires and think they can extinghish it with a small 1kg extinguisher.

We have an active LFB and I would soon rather give them something to do even if it means waiting 5 mins for them to arrive.

If this was to go ahead it would have to be restricted to certain divisions eg. AFO, RPU and Highways as it would defeat the object of having LFB if everyone is going to carry an extinguisher.

You'll also have people who will respond to building fires and think they can extinghish it with a small 1kg extinguisher.

We have an active LFB and I would soon rather give them something to do even if it means waiting 5 mins for them to arrive.
completely understand where your coming and i agree is only letting certain divisions carry like AFO RPU and highways, especially for RPU has sometimes pursuit can end quite bad leading to small fires or a overheating car! would be nice to see the boots getting used more definitely think they are not used enough and are such a great asset to have on the car

Hi all,

Im sure that having an extinguisher will not take any work away from LFB as they would mainly be CO2 extinguishers in the vehicles, being useless against chemical and fuel fires which officers encounter frequently on RTC's or general patrol. It would be quite obvious to report and call up for LFB using Text chat, F2 menu, or radio if urgent.

I will notify Senior Staff regarding this suggestion.

Regards,

Right now, I think this shouldn't be added. Fire Extingushiers will remove any small jobs from LFB. As the server grows, we can re-look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.