Declined Character Customisation

The suggestion has been declined.

ElonMusk

Subscriber
Reaction score
Whilst I agree that the server needs a general upkeep to keep it running and no doubt the Store is a massive help to that and maintains the server. However I believe that keeping character customisation solely to Tac Ops may not be the best idea, in my opinion. I only say this as PMP is the first FiveM server I've really played dedicatedly, I believe that creating your own character in this server really helps with the immersion of the RP and allows people to have some individuality, I for one can't maintain an annual subscription to a game. Unfortunately bills need to be paid. I would just like some individuality in the server instead of being a basic spawn character, I would like to take my hat off and not be bald not gonna lie.

I would also like to see some more uniform customisation for ERT as only having 3 outfits for a Police Officer isn't much of a choice, there are countless options available for the Met Police and what they wear and different uniforms. A small change can go a long way and I really like this server and don't have any plans to leave, I only want the best for this server and I'm not trying to have a go or anything just a friendly suggestion, I know I wouldn't be able to add any of these in and to all the Dev's I thank you.

Cheers,
DylBop (ElonMusk)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion. This has been suggested before and ultimately declined, although I'll provide an overview of why. The overall community has a running cost, and that's not just the "server", there are a lot of other costs ie software, licensing, and professional costs. On top of that, there's also MLOs, Assets, Scripts etc, which overall

Our subscriptions can be generally put into two categories:
  • "Divisions/areas" which have limited scope for sub-divisions/progression eg Blood
  • Visual/decorative features/cars
All subscriptions and DLCs are put together in a way which does not make PoliceMP PTW ie you can't buy a position, place in a division etc.

Whilst yes, everyone having the ability to customise the character would make all characters different it is also one of the reasons players subscribe to it.

In terms of uniforms, the dev team spends quite a lot of time carefully select the uniforms focusing on details. With the way in which uniforms are composed, we are not looking to allow a custom selection of outfits as it would have a negative impact on the outlook.

With the above in mind, we're not looking to go ahead with the changes.

Thanks