Suggestion Accepted Control: Control DRA judgement

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(E1) Xi Jinpooh

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Control DRA judgement

Division: Control

Hello,
Currently, if a player calls up with a DRA and then asks control for auth, controllers ask for SGT+. If a SGT misses the first call for whatever reason but responds on the 2nd or 3rd call, they are likely to have not heard the DRA which in of itself takes up a lot of time on radio.

To get to the point, the SGT then has to ask for it again, taking up double the time over radio in a very busy server. My suggestion is to allow the controller to pass a judgment on the DRA to save this time.

So for example, the officer does DRA, control asks for SGT+, SGT+ responds, the controller responds with something along the lines of 'Authorisation requested for FTS reasons XYZ, DRA is suitable'.
Ultimately the controller would auth the FTS if no SGT+ anyway so its not as if they are unqualified to make that judgment.

Something to think about,
Jinpooh : )

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Whilst I like it, I can see this being abused and new controllers having no idea on what is suitable, what they find suitable may not be suitable to us vice versa.
I think this should be kept behind Ops1

Well Ops1 would never have to pass that info to a SGT, and the statement is true that Controllers can authorise pursuits and tactics in the absence of RTPC SGT.

When I was control we had to write down the pursuit comms information on CAD, so reading back in the case of needing it wasn’t that difficult. I still think they should read back the DRA or at the very least give it a grade “overall DRA is low” as that way it addresses the issue that Larry brings up about new controllers having a different ability to judge from seasoned controllers.

Hello,

We are happy to bring this into the game although would require some talks with RTPC and AFO Command so they know what to expect from Control. Therefore I will mark this as accepted.