Suggestion Accepted Control: Control request - City CCTV

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(E1) Xi Jinpooh

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Control request - City CCTV

Division: Control

Hello, I am suggesting an additional method of gathering CCTV. As we all know, at the moment CCTV is gathered by running up to the closest building and seeing if any security cameras have revealed anything, but (as far as I am aware) there is city-wide CCTV connected to the police directly which is used to monitor the streets, at least there is where I live.

Enough waffling - my suggestion is to have units call to control something along the lines of "DI1 to control, requesting City CCTV review between postal X and postal Y looking for Z, starting from XX:YY (time)"

The controller would then do the classic ~y~ and do something like "Control room accesses CCTV records from XX:YY time onwards between postals X and Y, what does it reveal about Z"

The civ can then respond appropriately and progress the RP, giving more engagement for all involved (Police, Control, Civ).

Thanks, Jinpooh

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I really like this idea as it would add so much realism to the game and roleplay

I like this suggestion Jinpooh. With the control team becoming bigger and bigger and developing more and more I feel this would give an added immersive realistic feel to roleplay and engagement with Control and players in game. Sometimes the text can get lost and if you are always looking for a different name each time you are commencing a scene it can get lost easy, where as if its always via CONTROL in red, it's a lot more noticeable and easy to pick up the text that's intended for you.

Hey there Jinpooh,

So from my understanding - CCTV is split into two sections. Local CCTV which is accessible in stores and buildings throughout the city and then CCTV which is accessed by Councils/Police which monitors roads, car parks, motorways etc.

I think having CCTV requested through Control for things such as roads, motorways, car parks is a great idea and definetely adds to the realism but if say there was a robbery at COOP and an officer went in and checked the CCTV in the back room, that would still be effective.

I will liaise with commands regarding this, thanks.

Would save us civs from having to watch the chat like a hawk for ~y~ Checks CCTV at Postal 205. which with all the chat and increase of chat with the increase of players/crash logs/general chit chat sometimes us civs can miss these and having this system would save us a whole bunch of hassle.

Suggestion Title: Control request - City CCTV

Division: Control

Hello, I am suggesting an additional method of gathering CCTV. As we all know, at the moment CCTV is gathered by running up to the closest building and seeing if any security cameras have revealed anything, but (as far as I am aware) there is city-wide CCTV connected to the police directly which is used to monitor the streets, at least there is where I live.

Enough waffling - my suggestion is to have units call to control something along the lines of "DI1 to control, requesting City CCTV review between postal X and postal Y looking for Z, starting from XX:YY (time)"

The controller would then do the classic ~y~ and do something like "Control room accesses CCTV records from XX:YY time onwards between postals X and Y, what does it reveal about Z"

The civ can then respond appropriately and progress the RP, giving more engagement for all involved (Police, Control, Civ).

Thanks, Jinpooh
Really good idea, would 100% agree with all replies

@(E5) Clynx as far as I can see this is a process suggestion, not a suggestion to add CCTV wide script. Please co-ordinate with other commands and update the status,.