Suggestion Accepted Control: Medical Consultants

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

Archie R.

Subscriber
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Medical Consultants

Division: Control

My suggestions is to have another control training much like how 999 call operator works. This training would be clinical though.
The training would be offered to anyone or restricted to those already in the NHS as an advanced clinician. It would cover a large range of clinical conditions and symptoms, this would give the on duty clinical consultant the ability to assess the 999 call or backup request from another unit and dispatch an appropriate unit/units.

This would avoid the lengthy process where firstly a paramedic is dispatched then an AP then a CCP then finally a Doctor. This lengthy process means that by the time the Doctor arrives to treat the patient the patients condition may already be unrecoverable.

As I mentioned before this training could potentially be offered to anyone but might be best suited as an offer to Advanced Paramedics or Critical Care Paramedics + to ensure they already have a strong field understanding of the conditions they are assessing over the radio.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
From what I've researches, in real life, there is often an advanced paramedic stationed at a control centre to provide medical support and they also understand which resources should be dispatched.

Would be amazing if this could be bought into PMP

Same as allowing Band 2 as FIM, this would be an idea to try which would make Control more prominent on the server

Hi there Archie R,

The current medical training in the Control Room is provided to Call Resolution Officers who can provide first aid over the phone, to incoming emergency calls. This training is fairly basic, covering things like CPR, recovery position etc.

We have always had ambitions to widen our medical knowledge to assist with dispatching medical units and handling medical scenes from a Control perspective, and without revealing too much, there is something in the works that will involve a much higher level of medical training being taught to the Operator's, similar to your suggestion.

This is definitely something that needs a lot more work and discussion, and there is no ETA however I will move this to the accepted section as something similar will be implemented in the future.

Thank you for spending the time to write this thorough suggestion.

Kind Regards,
(E5) Clynx