Suggestion Declined Control: Pursuit Comms

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

L974

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Pursuit Comms

Division: Control

When RTPC/AFO call up for pursuit, the comms should be changed to the below.

RTPC/AFO: MP, MP active message, vehicle failing to stop.

Control: Go ahead with the IPP/Criteria of the pursuit.

RTPC/AFO: Passes IPP of the pursuit and gets it authed.

This would be better because it makes sure control is ready to receive the IPP and if there is an important message, control can always say, ''stand by'' before the IPP is passed.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally, I feel the current communications are fine. Control are always able to cut comms and tell the Unit to standby until a more suitable time. We have had the same comms since the beginning of RTPC, and never had issues with them. Just my opinion though.

Rather than cutting in half way through the comms, I feel like it is best to cut in at the start before the IPP is passed. The comms then sound more professional rather than 2 units speaking over each other.

I do agree with Ghastly on this one.. I think they are perfectly fine and I don't see any issue with them

Rather than cutting in half way through the comms, I feel like it is best to cut in at the start before the IPP is passed. The comms then sound more professional rather than 2 units speaking over each other.
I get where you are coming from, and I understand that professionalism is always a top priority on the radio but at the end of the day, its "An Active Message" meaning you don't call up asking or requesting to speak, you go straight ahead with the comms. Units should be fully aware of when to communicate and when not to over the radio.

I get where you are coming from, and I understand that professionalism is always a top priority on the radio but at the end of the day, its "An Active Message" meaning you don't call up asking or requesting to speak, you go straight ahead with the comms. Units should be fully aware of when to communicate and when not to over the radio.
But with a pursuit active message, you need to make sure the control room is hearing your communications so it can authorised. The whole point of the ''go ahead'', is to make sure the control room is listening, so the relevant people can auth it to continue.

Also, it stops it from having to be repeated another time which ties up radio comms even more.

I agree with this suggestion, when on as control we have an FTS preset that we fill out with the information that is given during an active message.

Personally having that couple seconds was invaluable as a controller to be able to pull up that preset and start typing, rather than after it was done having to ask for speeds again or the callsign again because I missed something while I was still pulling up my CAD.

As a seasoned controller if that was my issue, I can only imagine those that are new to the division would become overwhelmed and miss out or forget to fill in the template even more which can make it embarrassing or disheartening as a new controller being overwhelmed with something that can be fixed with a small adjustment.

OC10 Control, Active message

Control - Go Ahead / Standby

OC10 MP Bla bla

Seen a few people doing it recently, And it does work MUCH better than just passing a message

I think maybe allow us to call up as "MP MP, OC 10, active message" with the addition of "vehicle failing to stop on the end" if you wish, or like Larry said, just call up "OC 10 control, active message".

OC10 Control, Active message

Control - Go Ahead / Standby

OC10 MP Bla bla

Seen a few people doing it recently, And it does work MUCH better than just passing a message
An active message can be a foot pursuit or vehicle pursuit, you need to be saying which one it is. That's why you add 'vehicle failing to stop' on the end.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Control Command and SPC have recently went over Pursuit communications for RTPC and AFO and it has been agreed that the current comms are sufficient enough to be used.

If a urgent communication is needed to be passed, Conttrol & Units can interupt the comms to provide the urgent message, The MP comms can later be dealt with.

Therefore I will be marking this suggestion as denied

Many Thanks