Suggestion Declined Control: Update Control dispatch policies

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

CallumS005

Subscriber
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Update Control dispatch policies

Division: MET - DSU

I'm unsure if this would be better of as a control division suggestion or a DSU one, so I have put it as DSU for now.

Whilst we all appreciate what control does for us whilst on shift, I sometimes feel like their dispatch policies aren't sufficient enough.

As a dog handler and former RTPC officer - whilst in both roles I have noticed that during an FTS, that often lead to decamp, control would never dispatch DSU unless a DSU handler called up and asked to be attached, this resulted in a lack of resources when a decamp happened, either because DSU would be too far behind by the time someone did get dispatched or just would never turn up.

It is especially frustrating as a dog handler that we have to request to be put on a job instead of being allocated by control.

I believe this could be resolved if it was a policy by control, when a FTS is authed - to dispatch RTPC units AND a dog handler, aiding response times and lack of resources when required.

I have also noticed that vehicles that have been called up through control with drug markers are getting dispatched RTPC units not DSU, whilst this is a smaller issue than my first point - it is still frustrating to deal with as it takes away from the calls DSU should be attending.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Control is already reminded that for pursuits you dispatch NPAS and DSU if available

Suggestion Title: Update Control dispatch policies

Division: MET - DSU

I'm unsure if this would be better of as a control division suggestion or a DSU one, so I have put it as DSU for now.

Whilst we all appreciate what control does for us whilst on shift, I sometimes feel like their dispatch policies aren't sufficient enough.

As a dog handler and former RTPC officer - whilst in both roles I have noticed that during an FTS, that often lead to decamp, control would never dispatch DSU unless a DSU handler called up and asked to be attached, this resulted in a lack of resources when a decamp happened, either because DSU would be too far behind by the time someone did get dispatched or just would never turn up.

It is especially frustrating as a dog handler that we have to request to be put on a job instead of being allocated by control.

I believe this could be resolved if it was a policy by control, when a FTS is authed - to dispatch RTPC units AND a dog handler, aiding response times and lack of resources when required.

I have also noticed that vehicles that have been called up through control with drug markers are getting dispatched RTPC units not DSU, whilst this is a smaller issue than my first point - it is still frustrating to deal with as it takes away from the calls DSU should be attending.
Hello CallumS005

Thank you for your suggestion,
This is not anything us as DSU Command can deal with, It will be moved over to a Control Room suggestion.

Many Thanks,
(XS5) Lewis Tetlow,
DSU Command

Hello Callum,

During my tenure as Control Room Supervisor I have put countless announcements out regarding dispatching DSU. Furthermore, the FTS procedure; dispatching DSU, NPAS etc is emphasised multiple times during our induction process.

This is not an issue of Control not knowing to dispatch DSU, its an issue with the Controller - therefore, if a Controller forgets, please can you kindly raise this to a Control TL+ via a /support ticket or via DMs.

Hope this helps your query - I will mark as declined as no changes will be made.

Kind Regards,
(E5) Clynx
Control Room Supervisor