Suggestion Accepted Control: Update to how control responds to 999 calls through chan 10

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(E7) LexiPotato

Asst. Emergency Medical Director
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Update to how control responds to 999 calls through chan 10

Division: Control

I've noticed when utilising chan 10 as a civ, you get the initial question of what service do you require, but nothing much after that. I believe to add to the roleplay aspect, controllers should utilise the following questions:

Instead of asking which service do you require, this should be changed to; Which service do you require, police, fire or ambulance?

If you ask for police, you should be asked the following:

What's the location you're calling from?

What's the number you're calling from? (one can be made up for RP purposes)

What's the nature of the emergency?

If you ask for fire, you should be asked for the following:

Fire service - Please state the location you're calling from?

What's the location of the incident? (if not at the location you're calling from)

What's the nature of the incident?

If you ask for fire, you should be asked the following:

Ambulance service

Is the patient breathing?

Is the patient conscious?

What's the address you're calling from?

What's the number you're calling from? (Again, one can be made up for RP purposes)

What's the reason for your call?

Alongside that, if you don't say anything, you would automatically be put through to the police (irl this is done in the event you're unable to talk)

This would overall add to the roleplay aspect when utilising channel 10.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think this would be necessary as controllers are trained to gather essential information swiftly. The proposed additional questions might create longer conversations that could potentially delay dispatching the appropriate service to the scene. The balance between role-play and efficient response needs to be considered.

In real life they go what service do you require? Then they dispatch and add info. Think this would be good. With LAS you could even add basic medical guidance as they do IRL

Most of the times civ actors call 999 via ch10, the CRO responds and they already state what's happening, for example a house fire. Then we say connecting now, continue asking, etc, the number thing, maybe, would be a good addition.

Suggestion Title: Update to how control responds to 999 calls through chan 10

Division: Control

I've noticed when utilising chan 10 as a civ, you get the initial question of what service do you require, but nothing much after that. I believe to add to the roleplay aspect, controllers should utilise the following questions:

Instead of asking which service do you require, this should be changed to; Which service do you require, police, fire or ambulance?

If you ask for police, you should be asked the following:

What's the location you're calling from?

What's the number you're calling from? (one can be made up for RP purposes)

What's the nature of the emergency?

If you ask for fire, you should be asked for the following:

Fire service - Please state the location you're calling from?

What's the location of the incident? (if not at the location you're calling from)

What's the nature of the incident?

If you ask for fire, you should be asked the following:

Ambulance service

Is the patient breathing?

Is the patient conscious?

What's the address you're calling from?

What's the number you're calling from? (Again, one can be made up for RP purposes)

What's the reason for your call?

Alongside that, if you don't say anything, you would automatically be put through to the police (irl this is done in the event you're unable to talk)

This would overall add to the roleplay aspect when utilising channel 10.
Agreed, there should be a bit more of a base layer in questions. Control already utilise an interactive slide which you click on each to find what to do if you get stuck whilst controlling, so something similar should be made for CRO (Call Resolution Officers) to ensure more standardised communications. Like it. +1

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion,

Our Call Resolution Officers have recently recieved an update to their training, this includes asking for informtion such as a patients status such as breathing and conciousness level as well as providing information such as what to do in the event of a cardiac arrest or what to do in the event of a fire and a person is trapped.

Asking for a number the caller is calling from is not something that is regually done in this era as it can be seen on screen unless they are calling from a payphone etc.

The nature of the incident is one of the first things we need to establish along with address, this allows the Control Room to grade and dispatch relevent resources towards a incident.

As most of the suggestions are already in effect, I will leave this to E5 Clynx to decide

Many Thanks

Hi there Lexi,

As NOOSE-RYAN has stated above, Control Command recently reworked our Call Resolution Officer training and introduced new procedures and processes to improve roleplay and realism.

I like some of your recommendations, and I will look into incorporating 1 or 2 ideas in the near future, however the majority is already there.

Hence, I will move this to accepted.

Thank you for taking the time to think of and create this suggestion.

Kind Regards,
(E5) Clynx