Declined Dedicated Info Channel

The suggestion has been declined.

Jackomondo

Reaction score
Hello,

Over the past week or two, I have noticed an influx of players that are struggling to find the support section of PoliceMP, and have either just gave up / finally find it after asking around.

I hope that by using this suggestion, it can be a way for players (especially new ones) to quickly find the rules, support ect.

Before I start on how it could be presented, I would like to clarify that your team are far more talented and experienced in the art of coding. So if you see anything that doesn't work / nearly impossible to code, maybe you can use this idea, just in a different way.

I am suggesting that we implement this idea with the use of Ephemeral Embeds. First of all, a developer peforms a /command that would bring up an Embed that everyone could see. You could customize this to your liking with the title, fields ect.
Then below, you have buttons (components), that when a user reacts with the specific component - e.g FAQs & Tickets - it brings up an Ephemeral Embed, that only they can see.
You could also have a drop down component, which could be used with tickets to specify the reason.
Again, the great thing with this (in my opinion), is that you could create a route of Ephemeral Messages / Embeds. For example, you react with the component of the original Embed called "Staff Board", then you can react with "Police Tree" on the next embed, then "Senior Police" and so on...

I hope this can be used in some way, whether it is altered slightly or used how I've suggested it be used. I know it's not explained in the clearest way, so if you have any queries, please feel free to shout! :)

Thanks,
Jackomondo

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello,

Over the past week or two, I have noticed an influx of players that are struggling to find the support section of PoliceMP, and have either just gave up / finally find it after asking around.

I hope that by using this suggestion, it can be a way for players (especially new ones) to quickly find the rules, support ect.

Before I start on how it could be presented, I would like to clarify that your team are far more talented and experienced in the art of coding. So if you see anything that doesn't work / nearly impossible to code, maybe you can use this idea, just in a different way.

I am suggesting that we implement this idea with the use of Ephemeral Embeds. First of all, a developer peforms a /command that would bring up an Embed that everyone could see. You could customize this to your liking with the title, fields ect.
Then below, you have buttons (components), that when a user reacts with the specific component - e.g FAQs & Tickets - it brings up an Ephemeral Embed, that only they can see.
You could also have a drop down component, which could be used with tickets to specify the reason.
Again, the great thing with this (in my opinion), is that you could create a route of Ephemeral Messages / Embeds. For example, you react with the component of the original Embed called "Staff Board", then you can react with "Police Tree" on the next embed, then "Senior Police" and so on...

I hope this can be used in some way, whether it is altered slightly or used how I've suggested it be used. I know it's not explained in the clearest way, so if you have any queries, please feel free to shout! :)

Thanks,
Jackomondo

Hey Jack,

Thanks for raising your suggestion.

So I will admit it's quite an interesting one. I wasn't aware that people are generally struggling with finding a way to raise a ticket, as we regularly get 50-100 tickets a week.

We already user embeds on quite a few of the bot commands, in fact, I believe the majority of "do" commands respond in this way so that only the particular individual can see the response.

The challenge I have with creating emojis as a way to raise a request is people are unlikely to read the full description and are more like to click on the random emoji. Depending on the type of ticket which is raised, the bot will assign different permission groups to the ticket as an example a CAD ticket will go to control, whilst a forum ticket will go to Senior Moderators. This is likely to cause delays and individuals will have to re-raise the ticket under the correct category.

Although let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Good evening,

Thank you for your response.

Considering how many tickets you receive per week, I might of just coincidentally listened in when people were asking where to find them. I have not talked to anyone recently that had struggled with "/support", so it might be a possibility that I have heard it a few times that couple of weeks, which sparked the idea.

However, I still believe this suggestion could be relatively beneficial. You have raised a good point about the emojis: I could see how that might confuse some people - but you can also leave a short description beside it aswell - e.g "👨‍💻 Staff Board" - you also do not need the emoji, that is optional.

I find it quite hard to describe, so I might try to code something on VSC that will be a visual demonstration of what I am trying to suggest.

Thanks

Good evening,

Thank you for your response.

Considering how many tickets you receive per week, I might of just coincidentally listened in when people were asking where to find them. I have not talked to anyone recently that had struggled with "/support", so it might be a possibility that I have heard it a few times that couple of weeks, which sparked the idea.

However, I still believe this suggestion could be relatively beneficial. You have raised a good point about the emojis: I could see how that might confuse some people - but you can also leave a short description beside it aswell - e.g "👨‍💻 Staff Board" - you also do not need the emoji, that is optional.

I find it quite hard to describe, so I might try to code something on VSC that will be a visual demonstration of what I am trying to suggest.

Thanks

Hey Jacomondo,

Apologies for the delay.

I can see what you mean in terms of the explanations, although despite the existing system having explanations tickets are still submitted to the wrong categories. Therefore, offering emojis for people to click will likely increase the number of tickets going to the wrong categories.

At this stage, I'm not planning on updating the support script. However, will evaluate whether we add extra details onto the current messages ie on server join, PC/LAS pass message to promote the support channels.,