Declined Default Broadcast Keys

The suggestion has been declined.

TinyMaffy

Police Constable
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
I have checked if something like this was posted previously but was unable to find anything with the keywords I searched.

When I joined, the default key for the server-wide radio was ALT.
I noticed whenever I had to ALT+Tab, it would broadcast.

I have since switched my broadcast keys to the default N (which WAS the local radio) to the server-wide radio.
ALT is now my local.

If it's possible to swap these keybinds, I feel like while it may take the server some getting used too and not necessarily be well received by the wider community who don't accidently broadcast, it could solve a lot of the random broadcast pings that active radio users are constantly hearing.

ALT would = Local Radio
N would = Server-wide Radio.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You are always able to change these keybinds in GTA Settings. I don't believe there is any need to change this server wide.
I agree but lately, there has been so much radio spam and random pings that seem like they're ALT+Tabs that while it shouldn't be necessary, I think it would combat some of the pings and be more pleasant for a lot of users. As you say, there is always the option to change it back but as someone who ALT+Tabs a lot and was pinging the radio, it made my experience a lot smoother when I changed it. :)

I know just a few days ago, many players, myself included took some time off the radio because of how atrocious it was being. I digress, however that most of it was people broadcasting over each other and disrespecting control in that particular instance, though.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Players can change the default key bind through the settings. At this stage there are no plans to change the default keybinds.

Thanks