DSU 4x4 vehicle, search and rescue.

The Sweeney

Reaction score
Hello,

Seen this vehicle which I think would be good for a dog search and rescue vehicle, for missing persons patrol on the beach ect, can use it on all terrains, there's no 4x4 vehicle in DSU, think that would be good with a cage in the back which is already in the library. What do you think ?

Sweeney. HI5

Hi Sweeney,

I think this is a fantastic idea, makes perfect sense for the DSU division to have a SAR vehicle, specifically for the lost persons callout, I hope this is looked in to and approved.

From what I have been told about the vehicles in DSU I think think 4x4 vehicle would be great for the offroad callouts.

PipeDreamR.

Hi,

I like the idea, although not sure the remit falls under DSU.

This would likely fall under Support Services - ie MPU/NPAS etc. But I cant see a issue with DSU riding with them.

Cheers, PoliceMP Dev Team

Hi,

I like the idea, although not sure the remit falls under DSU.

This would likely fall under Support Services - ie MPU/NPAS etc. But I cant see a issue with DSU riding with them.

Cheers, PoliceMP Dev Team
The vehicle would be to assist using search dogs, its not a sub division idea, just the vehicle to assist, a lot of call outs for missing persons are on mountains, we dont have an off road vehicle.

Hi Folks,

So at the moment DSU has a unmarked 4x4. Its something we may look at in the future to introduce a more off road capable vehicle.

Ill decline this at the moment as I haven’t anything to hand.

Cheers, PMP Dev team