Declined DVSA-Giving driving licences

The suggestion has been declined.

Rombus9

MET Trainer
Reaction score
My idea here is to see DVSA utilised more in the driving test field.

For example if a civ wanted to have a car licence they would need to apply for a drivers licence and have a test same with trucks and buses.

It adds a whole new level of driving with no licence for civs. I was contemplating maybe it would be good for dvsa to give all officers licences before college training. So they can apply for a licence and then go in to college training saying they have a licence.

If I am correct civs also have multiple characters? So they can chose which ones they want to get licences on.

I feel this would give DVSA a bit more to do and providing driving licences is in the training slides saying what DVSA do.

Be interested to see what everyone thinks. I may or may not work for the sever just an idea.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello,

Civilians can already manage their licences through CAD, this would be heading more towards the economy style servers that have tests and all that, bit tacky in my opinion.

Hello,

Civilians can already manage their licences through CAD, this would be heading more towards the economy style servers that have tests and all that, bit tacky in my opinion.
Absolutely nothing to do with economy. Just adding a way to give more stuff to dvsa.

DVSA don't do Driver Licensing, that's DVLA anyways.
Training needs to be updated then. The slide says "what is the DVSA"

One of the lines "carry out driving tests before issuing a licence"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728_104353_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_104353_Drive.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 9
That's correct, DVSA are responsible for testing, whereas DVLA are responsible for licensing.

Also that is just showing what they are responsible for in real life, doesn't necessarily reflect what we do in the server.

I like where you're coming from, however I believe it would slow down on the amount of scenes that civs would be able to do, along with the amount of characters they're able to use in a short period of time.

Civilians are encouraged to change characters between scenes, and if they have to apply for a driving license for each character, it would be a slight hinderance, especially for new civilians who may have to wait a few days to a week before they have a driving license.

Perhaps this being optional would be an interesting idea. And spontaneous in game :)

If it was optional I’d probably do it once or twice but that’s all ngl

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Whilst I appreciate there may be limited scope in terms of what DVSA can do, putting Civs through DVSA Exams would severely impact the scenes coming through for all other divisions. Similarly for new players, it would defeat the purpose of college, therefore I'm afraid we're not looking forward to proceed.

Thanks