Suggestion Declined ERT Suggestion (Training days)

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Taira-K

Police Constable
Reaction score
So, I've been suggested to make this suggestion so I will.
I feel that ERT would benefit from having training days, as well as just solo learning packages.
I feel that this would be effective because it would ensure a higher standard of learning and training within ERT, as well as taking pressure off the initial induction training period because matters that they miss would be covered by further training. In addition, due to the nature of ERT as the foundational building block of the community, I also believe that further training and development carried out at the ERT level would result in a wider proprogation of knowledge as the constables leave ERT and move on to their specializations.

In short, I would like more opportunities to carry out training in a supervised environment so that feedback can be given in the moment, as opposed to officers developing a catch as catch can style of learning where they move forward with knowledge gleaned from one basic training session that then develops as they observe other officers and ask questions of other officers. This, whilst minimizing the training time overhead and allowing officers to be engaging with the server at the earliest opportunity, also allows bad habits to form and spread, resulting in poor experience for the Civs, for NHS, and for other units that interact with ERT.

I understand that this may impose difficulties on the ERT training staff, which is why I'm suggesting this is carried out at the Sgt/Sgt+ level, so that additional demands are not placed upon the ERT initial training and recruitment staff. I would also suggest that this would provide a good early commitment/performance metric, though I would suggest that attendance should not be mandatory.

TL;DR: I would like to institute ERT training days to complement the initial training package, frequency to be determined by command.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would be cool to see days to attend where you can develop and learn further on the trainings you have done, in LFB we try doing drill nights including HART/NHS, so it cover some bits from the training packages that we are looking for in a presentation just a couple slides and then proceed onto a scenario and give feedback and guidance. Personally I think all divisions should do something to reinforce learning and developing personal skills.

Good Afternoon,

I have forwarded your requests to inspectors who have made the decision to decline this request for the moment due to the amount of work it would take to implement. We may look at doing this in the future however at the moment it is not possible

Thank you for your suggestion though, We do value each and every one!