Declined FIRE extinguisher

The suggestion has been declined.

Kieran89

MET Trainer
Reaction score
my suggestion is fire extinguisher in met cars my reasoning behind this is for small fires in vehicles.

i understand this was prevously abused but since the fires have had a massive rework to them they now take 5mins+ for a small fire to go out sometimes alot longer (fires typically take around 10mins to go out but depends on the fire) my thought process behind this is to make sure the fire doesnt spread and help LFB out until they arrive and they will be able to put the fire out.

in no way am i suggestion for this to be an alternative for LFB but for small bin fires and so on i think would show more roleplay purpose to pmp ofocurse this should be a training package to be able to use it simular to PARA and AT training and would be training conducted by LFB lead firefigters

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This has been suggested on numerous occasions and declined.as shown on links below.
LFB already struggle to get fires for them and causesd drops in LFB activity. This would decrease calls LFB attend to if they are put out before arrival. LFBs core element is fires. Adding extinguishers to officer cars would have an extremely negative impact on the division by decreasing the one of very few things they are dispatched for.

This has been suggested on numerous occasions and declined.as shown on links below.
LFB already struggle to get fires for them and causesd drops in LFB activity. This would decrease calls LFB attend to if they are put out before arrival. LFBs core element is fires. Adding extinguishers to officer cars would have an extremely negative impact on the division by decreasing the one of very few things they are dispatched for.

these suggestion you have provided above are from around 2 years ago the server has come along way and in the past 3 months fires have had a massive rework and take much longer to tackle also with lfb activity thats more a lfb issue as i set fires atleast 10times a day but never units to tackle them as mentioned in my suggestion there only to be used on little fires to prevent them spreading and casuing more damage in my eyes this will take no calls away from lfb and potential make lfb more appealing to people

I have spoken with civ command previously and they even addressed the issue of a lack of civ calls. the last month or so before any changes were made civ side we had something around 2-4% of civ calls were for LFB. LFB activity stems from calls they go to and quality of scenes, we have had reports of a lack of calls created as it is and people get bored that is why activity is low. I have worked with civ so they can get more smaller, time filler fires and scenes out and we don't need officers putting out the small scenes. I will not change my mind. It directly takes away the small fire scenes that I have requested civ to create for LFB. LFB is limited on the calls it receives as it is, I will not accept anything that takes away even the smallest things form this division. If there is a fire call LFB, If a fire scene was created when not enough LFB on then that should have been considered before creating a fire scene in the first place. Police should stick to apprehending suspects, LFB should stick to fire and rescue. I wouldn't sit here suggesting giving LFB the ability to do citizen arrests when not enough police units on so give them some rope or zip ties. There are two clear roles, overstepping into another's territory too much causes problems between divisions leads to tensions and toxicity. We had this issue between FRU and HART, we fixed that by setting clear divides and role responsibility. I don't fancy doing the same between the entirety of police over some extinguishers. If police want to put out fires, then join LFB.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately introducing back the Extinguishers will take away the activity from LFB. We would end p in a similar situation as we had done in past where MET is putting out fires and LFB is awaiting for calls. With the above in mind, we're not looking to proceed with re-adding the extinguishers.

Thanks