Suggestion Declined Fire: Fru Polaris

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

taylor7541

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Fru Polaris

Division: Fire

I think fru should have a Polaris because if there is no hart on we might need to walk along sand and other places that are quite for away and the fru trucks can’t go on sand so we will need to walk and it will be harder for us to take the person off the sand or other places but if fru had a Polaris it would be a lot easier to get to places and transport people off sand and other places

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As much of a good idea this would be, I feel like there would be people who would utilise the FRU polaris just because it's there rather than calling for HART if they are online and available.

As much of a good idea this would be, I feel like there would be people who would utilise the FRU polaris just because it's there rather than calling for HART if they are online and available.
I agree with Lexi on this one, HART is extraction-based. FRU is the location and liaison based. Something concerning a MISPER would liaise directly with HART to move the patient to a more suitable triage location.

Adding a new Polaris to FRU would destabilise this relationship and would likely lead to HART becoming somewhat inactive.

Ye good point but if we had a fru Polaris it would probably only have our equipment in it so we don’t need to run back you to our trucks and hart has like a thing for transporting patients

And also it would take us less time because if we don’t have one then we will need to run up to our trucks but if we had one we could go to it and we could get the job done quicker and the longer we take the more ill the patient will be

This is where I agree with taylor,
HART and FRU are supposed to work together so how can you expect FRU to deal with casualties stuck in a precarious location, potentially trapped and not have their tools to extract the patient. HART and FRU should be going to pretty much all calls. FRU is focussed on the safety of scene and actually extracting whereas HART are required for the medical side of it.

Scenario: A person has gone missing from dirt track, they have fallen from a ledge of a cliff.

Action: FRU and HART will be deployed with their polaris's and are expected to find the casualty. LFB drone can be deployed for this as well as NPAS depending on availability. FRU and HART will have to work together to rappel to the patient. HART would work on the patient from a medical perspective and perform initial treatment to allow for a safe extraction. FRU will ensure the safety of the rescue teams and the casualty. FRU extracts to patient to safety. HART will then transport the casualty with the polaris and continue treatment or pass over to LAS or HEMS depending on injuries.

The concept is similar to RTC's. FRU will deal with scene safety and hazards. HART will primarily be focussed on the safety of the casualty from a medical point of view. There shouldn't be any issues or falling out of relationships. Not giving FRU a polaris will prevent the scene from progressing as we will have limited access to the scenes.

There is a lot more potential for different scenes if the divisions are working together and have he correct capabilities, we have been adjusting FRU and HART packages so that they can work together properly and know where their responsibilities begin and end

This is where I agree with taylor,
HART and FRU are supposed to work together so how can you expect FRU to deal with casualties stuck in a precarious location, potentially trapped and not have their tools to extract the patient. HART and FRU should be going to pretty much all calls. FRU is focussed on the safety of scene and actually extracting whereas HART are required for the medical side of it.

Scenario: A person has gone missing from dirt track, they have fallen from a ledge of a cliff.

Action: FRU and HART will be deployed with their polaris's and are expected to find the casualty. LFB drone can be deployed for this as well as NPAS depending on availability. FRU and HART will have to work together to rappel to the patient. HART would work on the patient from a medical perspective and perform initial treatment to allow for a safe extraction. FRU will ensure the safety of the rescue teams and the casualty. FRU extracts to patient to safety. HART will then transport the casualty with the polaris and continue treatment or pass over to LAS or HEMS depending on injuries.

The concept is similar to RTC's. FRU will deal with scene safety and hazards. HART will primarily be focussed on the safety of the casualty from a medical point of view. There shouldn't be any issues or falling out of relationships. Not giving FRU a polaris will prevent the scene from progressing as we will have limited access to the scenes.

There is a lot more potential for different scenes if the divisions are working together and have he correct capabilities, we have been adjusting FRU and HART packages so that they can work together properly and know where their responsibilities begin and end
Adding onto this, to prevent the risk of FRU stealing HARTS it could be made clear, the LFB polaris is to be used for equipment and LFB + HART personnel only.

Both sides have very valid arguments.

Truthfully the best way to iron this out is to set clear expectations from both divisional uses.

The fire brigade would only use the vehicle to access confined and more environmentally challenging areas alongside their equipment. They would not transport patients to and from scenes.

HART very rarely (currently) transport LFB personnel to scenes as such I can’t predict a big change here.

HART would continue to be the only unit who can perform a Polaris extraction (we limit the equipment we can carry to accommodate a patient basket) where LFB would not assume this role should it be implemented.

Up to the team and devs whether an LFB Polaris is needed ultimately though this is what I’d expect if implemented.