Suggestion Accepted Fire: FRU Vehicles Operational Equipments

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

Nothing4182

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: FRU Vehicles Operational Equipments

Division: Fire

FRU Vehicles Carry Multiple PPEs and Different Equipments. Their calls require different PPEs and Units might not even know what they will find until they arrive. For that reason FRU is generally told to equip Firefighter turnout when responding to a scene and are asked to change to required PPE at the scene. Most of the FRU are Tac Ops so its not usually a problem, except when it is. FRU just like HART requires to change PPE on the scene and should just like HART be able to change PPE in the boot of their vehicles, for those that do not have Tac Ops because it is essential for FRU duties.

I had to drive back to station to change to Chemical Hazard PPE after I had arrived to a scene that had a car burning with chemicals in the boot.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As a LFB Trainer. I agree with this. I think it's highly unfair for those that are unable to purchase Tac ops to have to waste time in going back to the lockers after arriving at a scene because the have the incorrect PPE/Uniform for the incident at hand. Unless the details are provided on the call, FRU tend to go to incident blind and not aware of other hazards like Chemicals, or a water rescue scene etc.

If there is way to allow for FRU and even LFB itself to change outfits when at a scene by utilising a pump/vehicle, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello peoples

So this has been suggested before and I believe it has been accepted by the devs, however it is not there top priority so this is something we might not get for a while as the devs have said they want the core basics of LFB where they need to be before giving us new stuff such as these luxuries .

Yes I do see where you are coming with this suggestion as I myself was in your shoes as a command member not being able to just put on a uniform were ever.

I do like the suggestion and will support the Idea for others to be able to change uniform with the vehicles but for now all we can do is wait until we get a feature to change uniform or just wait at station until it is confirmed by units on scene what uniform you will need.

I will hand this over to a SC+ so they can move the suggestion to where they see fit .

Hello,

I will be moving this suggestion to Accepted, as biscuit said it has already been accepted by developers. However, they are very busy with numerous different projects and keeping the server well maintained so there is no time frame as to when this may happen.

As an alternative, before heading to a scene, you can ask control or text chat just before you leave for more information so you know what gear you will be needing.