Pending Dev Review Fire: Get rid of the script that sinks vehicles into mud, for FRU / LFB / HART

The suggestion is awaiting dev review.

(O1) TechGeek

Control Room Team Leader
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Get rid of the script that sinks vehicles into mud, for FRU / LFB / HART

Division: Fire

I strongly believe an exemption should be made so that FRU / LFB / HART vehicles dont sink into the mud when on scenes. A large proportion of rural scenes end with a vehicle stuck in the mud, unable to move. Whilst I understand it aims to stop ERT driving on the beach etc, there is surely a way to exclude those on as FRU / LFB / HART from having their vehicle sink into the ground.

This could also be applied for any division to be honest, like AFO / RTPC, as they often have rural scenes but now have to be much more careful about where they park their car on scenes which aren't in the city.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
100% agree with this.

however
Maybe disabling it on a vehicle level rather than divisional level.

For example make it so that HART Offroad, LFB Offroad, AFO SUVs, RTPC SUVs, ERT Rural vehicles are able to go off-road rather than allowing the whole division to.

I agree with Adam,

It would be realistic if vehicles not designed for offroad did eventually get stuck but not vehicles build for off road like our poor Polaris which can barely make it off road anymore despite being made for it.

100% agree. I understand that non-suitable off-road vehicles would eventually get stuck on dirt/mud paths, but vehicles designed to go off-road shouldn't be sinking.

Was sad when my XC90 sunk on a dirt road

I am in agreement I will move to dev review and we will see what happens.