Pending Dev Review Fire: LFB Distress Alarm

The suggestion is awaiting dev review.

(JO-3) TheAshenCaptain

Station Officer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: LFB Distress Alarm

Division: Fire

In real life, the fire services across alot of major countries use some variation of the "pass alarm" or bodyguard.

What is this you may ask? It is an alarm attached to a BA kit which activates if there is no movement from a firefighter for 30 seconds this alarm activates. It gives a ten second countdown through loud beeps before a full activation. Or when it is pressed.

How would this work ingame? Ingame this effect could be achieved through the use of an "LFB distress call" via the F2 menu. This could work similar to a panic alarm or alternatively could sound an alarm from the person.

Although this could be abused, if they were to limit this to LFB then it would be avoidable and would be monitored by command (similar to fire alarm panels for example)

Why do we need it? When a firefighter dies in a building currently they have 3 options. Option one is they call firefighter down over radio, this is unrealistic and is failing RP as a dead man can't talk. Alternatively they press a panic and have the entire server come to them. The final option is they lay dead and do nothing.

A firefighter dying on scene should be an uncommon occurrence however it happens more commonly than people may think.

Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reply

(for evidence see video below and the image below (device on right side strap)
https://youtu.be/i7JhsoqHt38?si=6dvYox4OcH2mqmSL&t=330

Upvote 3
This is applicable to all services across england, including my service. The video source comes from warwickshire but is applicable to London. It is a great idea!

hello

i think this would be a great tool to have within lfb cause as baeco or oic how are we suppose to know if a firefighter inside an active fire has gone down. yes you could say they have a second firefighter with them but they arent always going to notice there team mate going down are they thats why i think this should be added to the division of lfb and like ashen said have it limited to lfb

cheers grogan

It would definitely help when LFB go down pressing our panic can bring attention from decisions not kitted to offer any help, divisional related panics would be a massive game changer.