Force Incidement Managers

Gambit

Reaction score
Suggestion; Introduce a Force Incident Manager role or something similar, that certain officers would be trained in. A FIM would be trained to an extremely high standard in regards of risk assessments, and as such, a FIM would be able to make assessments in regards to DRA's passed and authorise said pursuits, would be able to analyse information and intelligence passed to authorised firearms deployments or tactical contact in pursuits, and would also listen to sitreps and authorise and justified calls for NPAS liftoff.

Reasoning; although it's not always an issue, there are occasions where there is nobody available to authorise pursuits or use of firearms, due to only a smaller percentage of people being trained & authorised to do so. Although there is self-authorisation, this would provide an alternative by someone who is trained to authorise or deny calls and would provide a more immersive and realistic policing experience.

Accountability; FIMs would be held to an extremely high standard, and would have to fill out a form detailing the request, who made it, a THRIVE risk assessment, information/intelligence available, request outcome, their justification for request outcome, and the final outcome. These could be reviewed by the relevant department heads slowtime, to ensure that said heads are satisfied with the requests being made, and the FIMs authorisation standards, or to allow them to follow up with individual FIMs to review specific incidents if necessary.

Requirements; I believe this would be a role suited for any PC+ or potentially limited to S.PC+ given the nature of the role, and the player must be able to make excellent risk assessments, hold themselves accountable for decisions made, be up-to-date and familiar with the NDM and THRIVE models, and have excellent comm skills.

This role would be a ticketed non-divisional role, meaning it would be similar to that of NPAS, in which although there is a full application and training process, it is not something you would actively do unless required (unless you are Met Control and FIM trained, in which you could act as a FIM constantly), and as such would not necessarily count towards an individuals 2-division limit.

Whilst it is understood that anyone of Inspector and above plays this role, I believe that a role like this would be appealing to many below that rank, and that it would be on the line between realism and fun. Having this role available to more people would provide a better aspect of comms realism at least, and so long as that player maintained an extremely high level of standards, I wouldn't forsee it doing any harm, it would allow for a better chance, if not close to guarantee, that there would always be someone available to provide authority to those that need it.

@James_30 I will leave this one for you to action with Silver command.

Cheers, PMP Dev Team

Hi Gambit,

Thank you for this suggestion.

After speaking with Gold we understand that this is a great idea and works well in the real world however to be able to utilise our command structure effectively we would not be looking to introduce this. I appreciate there is not always a SGT+ on the game but for the majority of the time there is. I know Gold are exploring the possibility of promotion opportunities so this might help. For this reason I will be moving this to the declined suggestions.