Declined Give pcsos help getting started

The suggestion has been declined.

Callymanjarvis1

Reaction score
This may be stupid but as a pcso I didn’t know what to do I was lost and didn’t know the rules and wasn’t in discord found it through fivem search and just found the server I feel all pcsos should in some way be forced to do like ride along with ert it would stop them getting banned for not knowing rules and would help with new players coming to server this is just a idea but idk if would work and ert can educate them and make sure to tell them to do discord and read rules and stuff

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This may be stupid but as a pcso I didn’t know what to do I was lost and didn’t know the rules and wasn’t in discord found it through fivem search and just found the server I feel all pcsos should in some way be forced to do like ride along with ert it would stop them getting banned for not knowing rules and would help with new players coming to server this is just a idea but idk if would work and ert can educate them and make sure to tell them to do discord and read rules and stuff

Hey Cally,

Thanks for raising your suggestion.

We have looked at a number of similar options before. PoliceMP is a non-whitelisted server, and we are unlikely to change it as that would have a significant hit on the new players joining. Generally when it comes to our player base most can be categorised across two categories:
  • A "Friday" night casual player who likes to play for entertainment and get away from day-to-day activities;
  • RP-oriented players, who are very much into the role play looking for a lot of realism.
As part of the experience, we are looking to be open to both of groups, hence trying to limit the top-down approach. Quite a number of people will join to get a feel whether the server is for them or not, enforcing a ride-along would likely result in an increased churn.

We have got a number of measures already in place to promote education, including but not limited to:
  • Automated messages which point to the rules, Discord server or the starting guide
  • Easy to use links eg policemp.com/start policemp.com/apply or policemp.com/rules
  • Our Game Moderators always take an education-first approach when speaking to new players.

Long term, there will be additional features added on the lines of a tablet which will have the guides/rules or extra links to F1 for ease of access, although we are not looking to force a ride-along for PCSOs/SJA.

Thanks