Declined inactive clear?

The suggestion has been declined.

Jimmy Ryan

Reaction score
as a way to free up and delete unused/unneeded vehicles. is there a way to have a half hourly unoccupied vehicle clearup?
Hopefully helping keep the map a little clearer from empty vehicles that are not in use. not sure what affects this could have on Ai etc, or if there is a way of targeting only garage spawned vehicles? This could also utilise/assist Game Moderators time in game as will reduce calls to delete locked cars. I Do understand that this could have a diverse affect possibly on active civ scenes, if one was on a foot pursuit for instance and their car disappeared before they were caught, and no one had searched priorly.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I believe some servers have a mass DV setup (Mass vehicle delete) to get rid of empty cars. However sometimes like you said that can be a double edged sword with cars de-spawning at the wrong times. I can only speak on behalf of myself as a Game Moderator but I'm more then happy to come and delete vehicles that are empty and blocking roads with no occupants. Sometimes I will go around and start deleting abandoned vehicles around particularly busy areas such as MRPD and legion, and through some areas in the city. It worth a shout to have a DV command that happens periodically but that's what server restart every 6 hours is for, to ensure the clutter and build up of things like that clear themselves up :)

As much as i see the hard work put in by all the mods, I thought it may help overall server performance as mods cant be everywhere at once, plus give game mods more in game time to play and enjoy,

as a way to free up and delete unused/unneeded vehicles. is there a way to have a half hourly unoccupied vehicle clearup?
Hopefully helping keep the map a little clearer from empty vehicles that are not in use. not sure what affects this could have on Ai etc, or if there is a way of targeting only garage spawned vehicles? This could also utilise/assist Game Moderators time in game as will reduce calls to delete locked cars. I Do understand that this could have a diverse affect possibly on active civ scenes, if one was on a foot pursuit for instance and their car disappeared before they were caught, and no one had searched priorly.
If this happened wouldn't our vehicles just get deleted if we were not in them. Unless it targets vehicles that are not belonging to an officer like in the way you can only lock a car if you get it out

Unoccupied spawned vehicle delete? Not sure if it could be targeted.. but there is always so many cars just ditched in the middle of the road etc Legion is terrible for it tbf.

maybe something could be done if a player spawned vehicle is not entered for 30/45/60 minutes then it’s despawned?

Would defo help with those who crash and leave their cars on the road etc

Agree. Need this 100%. Just get a server announcement to be auto pinged 15 seconds before dv so people can jump into cars really quick or something because its crazy how many dumped cars there are everywhere.

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestion.

After careful consideration, we've concluded that we will not be moving forward with your suggestion regarding clearing inactive vehicles. While we see the thought and merit behind your idea, it doesn't align with our current development roadmap. When players changes their car via the garage, the old car should be removed. There's a separate suggestion regarding removing vehicles on disconnect.

We understand this might be disappointing, but please know that your voice is important to us, and every suggestion is taken seriously and reviewed thoroughly.

Best regards,
Intrise