LFB Idea

Flame21

MET Trainer
Reaction score
So this is one that might not be accepted but worth the try.
LFB has an alarm that usually goes off when an F2 request comes in which is the Mobilize Mobilize one.
I think it would be nice if there was an option for control where they could dispatch us to a fire but have the access to set off the alarm and then they can say who they are going to dispatch out to the call.
Obviously not a very good thought of idea but its something I would like to see personally.
Thanks

I like this idea, it's a bit like a Crash alarm at an airfield; The ATC alert the fire crew of an incident.

Helllloooo @SoT Flame

So just to clarify and to make sure I have understood your suggestion. When control dispatch LFB to a call you want to hear the mobilization tone ? Similar to when someone requests us via the F2 backup request?

Hello @(C5) Kes
Yeah so something exactly like that.. as if you look at it IRL when LFB get dispatched it usually goes off but in game it’s only when we get an F2 backup request and sometimes that’s rare and I think it would be nice to have something like that go off for every call/999 LFB get.

Hmmmm I do like the idea, not sure everyone will tho....

I will have some conversations if there is a way this can be easily done. Because control dispatch us using the cad system I don't think it will be possible to have the station tone play like it would do with the F2 request.

Whether there is another way we could do this I don't really know.

I will speak to some more clever people and see what is said. I will hold this suggestion here for now in till I can get some more information.

Control can make tones go through your CAD system they have to play it though.

i mean just a thought, get control to do an lfb backup request then dispatch units?

Just saying this on CAD I suggest putting a suggestion through Control possibly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809_235854_Sonoran CAD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_235854_Sonoran CAD.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 15
From a control side,

We can play sound tones to specific units, and the sounds are something we are looking into.

I believe there is an option to send clockfires through the cad, Jaypex showed me this in the past. I’m not too sure if the same can be done with F2 requests,

I will look into this alongside other control command,

Thanks
Tech