Suggestion Declined LFB RTC’s clothing

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Skidz

Banned
Reaction score
This is a small thing that would make RTC’s for LFB a little bit more realistic for firefighters. As we see LAS, ERT, and highways all have high visibility jackets, I would think that it would be a good idea for LFB firefighters have an option to put high visibility jackets or vests when on a RTC so people can see us a bit better especially at night time whilst on the M25 or on country roads. By maybe adding this suggestion it would make it a slightly bit more realistic responding to RTC’s as LFB and other fire services do it when responding to RTC’s. Many thanks.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The LFB turnout gear already is reflective, and the area around an RTC would already be closed off prior to LFB starting to work on the vehicle.

However, divisional suggestions is the place to go with this, as that way KFB Command are more likely to see this.

The LFB turnout gear already is reflective, and the area around an RTC would already be closed off prior to LFB starting to work on the vehicle.

However, divisional suggestions is the place to go with this, as that way KFB Command are more likely to see this.
I've moved it across to divisional suggestions :)

Hello there Skidz, As stated above we do have our turnout uniform that has visibility stripes on it and we do have the FRU sub division that also deals with RTC's.
However with the visibility jackets/vests these would only be for Incident commanders so that firefighters can identify them on scene.

Galactic
This is a small thing that would make RTC’s for LFB a little bit more realistic for firefighters. As we see LAS, ERT, and highways all have high visibility jackets, I would think that it would be a good idea for LFB firefighters have an option to put high visibility jackets or vests when on a RTC so people can see us a bit better especially at night time whilst on the M25 or on country roads. By maybe adding this suggestion it would make it a slightly bit more realistic responding to RTC’s as LFB and other fire services do it when responding to RTC’s. Many thanks.

Helloooo
I understand your concept and you often see Firefighters IRL in high Vis on scenes. I will be declining this suggestion on the basis the uniforms are under review. The current turnouts do not favour high Vis being place on top due to texture issues and therefore can't be done with the setup we have now. This could be something we can talk about again at a later date when it becomes a option 👍