Developer - Tier 2
Reaction score
Website
github.com
"CW10 to control?"
"CW10 go ahead."
"CW10 can you attach me to that call at 722 on cad please?"
"Yes yes."

Controller opens CAD, navigates to active units menu searches "CW10", no results. Searches "CW 10", oh there he is.

WHY?

Extremely annoying having to look up a unit on CAD by typing it's callsign CW10 then trying CW 10 then CW-10 and then they forgot to change their callsign from NC2... also, the active units menu is ugly and very not organized :|

Either make a convention and tell all units to go by it, or force it by making Unit Numbers not allow have spaces.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Possible, but for me I find it a lot easier just typing in the exact unit I'm looking for rather than looking for that one ERT in the list of 23 others.
Also the other things still apply, it looks ugly and unorganized...

Out of interest does wildcard work on CAD when searching?

It has already been asked for the callsigns to have uniformity and be the same. However I would agree with L974 that it is easier to use the categories to search for units :)

Hi Alon,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately there is no real way to enforce people to set correct callsigns, bar forcing them on our end.

I would recommend using L974s method, and search by division and then find the relevant unit if needs be.

Per above, I will be declining this.

Thanks,
(E5) Clynx