Suggestion Declined MET - AFO: Add "AFO PANIC" as an alternative to normal panic

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Alon

Developer - Tier 2
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Petition to add an additional button called "AFO PANIC" or "SHOTS FIRED PANIC" right under "PANIC", available for everyone to press (e.g. if an unarmed unit heard shots etc...), but when pressed only AFO see it, and it's mentioned as AFO PANIC for them so they know it's shots fired.

Saves the confusion and misunderstanding of shots fired panics by everyone, especially for new players making way to a shots fired panic without watching chat.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Petition to add an additional button called "AFO PANIC" or "SHOTS FIRED PANIC" right under "PANIC", available for everyone to press (e.g. if an unarmed unit heard shots etc...), but when pressed only AFO see it, and it's mentioned as AFO PANIC for them so they know it's shots fired.

Saves the confusion and misunderstanding of shots fired panics by everyone, especially for new players making way to a shots fired panic without watching chat.
I like this idea , this is a common issue and would not only make units and controls lives better but im sure from a server pov the rp better too.

Also unarmed units and PCSOs coming to a shots fired panic is unrealistic 🙃
IRL unarmed units would be keeping the public back while AFO deal with the shooter, some unarmed units will respond to do so

IRL unarmed units would be keeping the public back while AFO deal with the shooter, some unarmed units will respond to do so
True, what I meant is unarmed units and PCSOs coming to a shots fired panic and getting shot in the head and screamed at because they came to an AFO panic isn't realistic ;)

There's just one panic button, no seperate ones. I mean, realistically it wouldn't happen, just an issue with PoliceMP.

There's just one panic button, no seperate ones. I mean, realistically it wouldn't happen, just an issue with PoliceMP.
Yes, and since it's an issue with PoliceMP it needs to be fixed in PoliceMP

If they come, it's their fault and if they continue, it needs to be dealt with by mods
It is their fault but why not decrease their chances of coming to a shots fired panic? Also it usually ruins some roleplay.

Hi Alon,
I'm going to deny this suggestion however will explain my reasoning.

1. I understand and sympathise with your comments regarding unarmed and pcso's turning up to shots fired panic's however these are dealt with by divisional or moderator capacity.
2. PANIC Buttons put all units on alert, in the result of a shorts fired or AFO Panic I am expecting LAS to be staging, AFO, FSD, NPAS and drones responding and unarmed to put in outer cordon's around the area. An AFO Panic isn't really just for AFO, we try and involve all divisions as much as possible within designated roles.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Glitch