Suggestion Declined MET - AFO: AFO Overhaul

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Boggo

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: AFO Overhaul

Division: MET - AFO

From being in AFO 2 times, I have to say the whole division needs a overhaul.

The reason for this is for us AFO's to have a better roleplay experience when on as AFO. Examples of this is the Uniforms and Cars. We are grateful for what we receive so any changes would be much appreciated.

Garage

The garage is really outdated. Some of the cars aren't in use by the Metropolitan Police Service so there is no point of having them. Example of these are the Zafira, V70 and the Land Rover Discovery. For some these cars are nostalgic but for me, I see no one using them and they just take up game File Usage. We should have a whole garage revamp to see which vehicles are used in real life and which are not, Which who take up a large amount of storage space and those who generally no one uses.

The cars I would like to see implemented are the New Metropolitan Police Service Vehicles such as
the New Black BMW GO5 and XC90 which were already suggested as an OFC but I believe we should get to use them to0.

(Links to follow)

https://www.unionmods.com/file/els-bmw-x5-f15---generic---unmarked-arv
https://www.unionmods.com/file/2016-bmw-x5-f15-metropolitain-police-arv-els
https://forum.policemp.com/index.php?threads/met-afo-afo-vehicles.7440/
https://gta5mod.net/gta-5-mods/vehicles/cars/2017-metropolitan-police-seg-ranger-rover-vogue-replace-els-1-0/
(Unmarked Range Rover SVR (In-game)
(Unmarked BMW GO5 (In-Game)
(White Marked BMW GO5 (In-Game)
(White XC90 (In-Game)

Uniforms

Like The Garage the Uniforms are really outdated and were stuck to 3 options. Although 3 options is good, We can get better, more realistic Uniforms. We can also have the addition of having Gloves, Balaclavas and Tactical Glasses. I would like to see these implemented in Game as These Uniforms are just Getting Bit Boring.

(Links to Follow)

https://mirrorparkstudios.co.uk/collections/eup/products/metropolitan-police-firearms-vest
https://www.unionmods.com/file/eup-generic-firearms-vest
https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/eup-arv-clothing-pack-c4b9cafa-8bdd-4624-bb0f-e3cae937a0dc
https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/eup-uk-black-ctsfo-vest-texture
( Taken from this suggestion https://forum.policemp.com/index.php?threads/met-afo-afo-uniforms-new.7692/ )

Please do consider this overhaul and think deeply about our realism while we are on as AFO.

Boggo

(Authorised Firearms Officer)
(RTPC Officer)
(LAS Paramedic)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I’d like to upvote this idea alongside adding my 2 pence into the division too. I believe the firearms division could do with a huge overhaul, so much so that rebuilding from the ground up doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

In its current state, both from the division, civ division and server wide, the firearms division could benefit massively from an overhaul for realism purposes. I’m not 100% on how unrealistic we have it as I’m not a firearms officer nor am I serving in the MET irl. I know with the assistance of Boyle, being ex firearms and anyone else that is a serving officer or AFO we have the platform to drastically improve the division, so the below is what I propose to be considered:

1. Weapon markers (vehicle and peds); As it stands server wide, anyone but firearms aren’t allowed to do anything with this marker and the division gets called in to conduct hard stops and search the individuals for firearms. While this allows us to have a lot of gucci interactions it’s incredibly unrealistic and I feel it limits other divisions in dealing with individuals with this marker.

I’m proposing that the weapons marker aligns more with the IRL weapons marker and take away the gucci hard stops and calling firearms for it and allow the server, regardless of division, to use it as a decision making factor in dealing with individuals. E.G. an ERT officer has a vehicle with a weapons marker that has run a red light. The necessity for a stop is the red light issue, but the ERT officer notes the weapons marker so may decide to call another ERT officer to assist in the stop given the vehicles markers.

Tying into this, weapons and weapon markers no longer mean firearms. Weapons can range from a screwdriver up to firearms but it’s not exclusively firearms. I believe vehicles and peds should be able to have weapon markers for if they’ve previously used weapons or something and if theres active intel to suggest they are carrying a weapon, it should appear as weapon intel.

In addition to the above, I believe vehicles and peds should have a firearm specific marker to further enforce the ‘weapon is different from firearm’ difference. It would work the same as above with there being a firearm marker (to assist in decision making) and weapon intel, that would be actionable intel for the hard stops and firearms authorisation etc

1. Scene’s involving firearms; While it is good fun getting to shoot some people up and to have decently big shoot outs and hostage situations, the level of AFO’s deployment to scenes involving actual rounds being fired is well above what AFO’s actually get deployed too. While London is on another planet with the stuff that happens there, AFO’s are a lot more likely to be deployed to incidents involving knives, machete’s, meat cleavers, hammers etc.

I’m proposing that AFO work closely with the Civ division in creating scenarios with knives and machete’s that AFO can deploy to and utilise their skills there and these kind of calls become our bread and butter over shoot outs and hostage situations. This would include ERT as they could deploy advanced taser to situations in the beginning then we would deploy alongside these officers while the TFC / FIM decides if the incident should be made a SFI or if locals can assist. This would allow ERT AT to be utilised more but also allow the gap between ERT and AFO to close as we’d both respond in the first instance then the ERT officers would hold back while we utilised our firearms in apprehending the suspect and they’d be on scene to have an outer cordon, take secured suspects from us and administer first aid while the AFO continue to deal with whatever threat is still there.

Hostage situations and firearms incidents still exist and happen more often that most would think so I understand they’d stay in the server, plus it’s good to add some fun but these don’t need to happen all the time (and in fairness to other divisions, don’t always require firearms to be involved as I’ve been on a number of scenes where it's led my local officers and negotiators and TSG and negotiators in another incident). They could happen a little less frequently and happen in different scenarios to a bank robbery etc. For example one of the ‘hostage’ situations I’ve dealt with IRL was a domestic incident where the father kept his son and his friend in the address and had threatened officers with a knife and was refusing to let the children go and come out of the house. Locals attended firstly then firearms took over… even CT had to be involved (more on that below).

I also believe that more variety of scenes could be useful with firearms in the aspect that someone could have been spotted with a firearm so AFO roll up on them and stop search them for the firearm. We’d still get to utilise our firearms but hopefully not discharge them as much.

The majority of shots fired call outs could be utilised by mini operations that Civs could fabricate themselves (e.g. arresting a violent individual who doesnt want to give up, a firearm shipment, a gang rivalry gone wrong etc) and the minority of the shots fired calls would come from the hostage issues, from the spontaneous stuff we have at the moment etc.

1. AFO and CTSFO; I haven’t been a CT officer in a good while so admittedly I don’t understand how it works so apologise if this is how it already works. I touched on this above with the hostage situations. I believe a good change to both AFO but also CT would be that regular AFO’s utilise CT officers a lot more. As part of our basic intake training we’re told to clear rooms etc but it’s nowhere near the skill level that's required to be a CT officer.

What I’m proposing is for situations with hostages, regular AFO’s would go with the contain and callout method of dealing and go along with how we currently deal with hostage situations but then if the negotiations aren’t going well or it’s looking like this isn’t going to be achievable I believe we should be able to call in CT officers to conduct the breach and securing of hostages as they’re much more trained in the CQB tactics so could deal or at least lead with the breach. Again, not sure how the current CT stuff works but this would align the division a bit more to the IRL firearms structure.

1. AFO and all other divisions; At the moment firearms officers aren’t allowed to join onto any calls that aren’t really to do with firearms, which I understand in terms of we can’t take stuff from ERT, RTPC or DSU for example, but I believe there shouldn’t be a blanket ban on attending calls that aren’t to do with firearms.

For most of the ERT/DSU call outs AFO’s aren’t needed as assets on scene however in some situations, there’s only one or two ERT responding to a call on their own while you’re close by as a deployable asset and we’re not helping out at scenes because of this blanket ban. I think that we should open up normal calls to the division again and make it clear that we attend as another officer not for any of our gucci kit and that we’re to take a back seat in dealing with things but be there as another set of hands should the scene require it. In some cases it’s just nice for certain members of ERT to have an experienced officer on scene that can assist with guiding on how best to deal with the scene and most AFO’s are quite experienced.

I also believe that we should work towards assisting RTPC much more than what we do. I understand we get this drilled into us that we can only assist RTPC if asked etc but sometimes there’s 1000 and 1 pursuits going on and only 4 members of RTPC on. Firearms IRL (going of my area so this may not reflect the METin fairness) always get involved with pursuits as they’re extra TPAC or advanced assets. AFO have the ability to assist RTPC as an extra unit or in some circumstances when the server is quiet, conduct the entire pursuit. There’s been multiple times where I’ve heard IPP drivers stand down pursuits due to lack of RTPC when there’s 2 or 3 ARV TPAC online and it’s a shame that we don’t assist in pursuits and preemptives that don’t involve firearms more as RTPC could do with the assist from time to time.

Tying into this, an entirely separate idea but it links into working with other divisions more, could be to ‘train’ AFO officers in Method Of Entry. While there isn’t much use in game as it’s not really utilised anyway and no doors actually lock or anything, it could be a nice little realism boost to the server and division. MOE training could be rolled out across the entire server where it’s a self learning package or something where you learn to use the big red key and ‘use’ drills etc to get into houses be it for warrants, welfare checks or in the apprehension of an outstanding criminal. Could also use it to get into anywhere that’s locked like a vehicle or compound as this would be more game appropriate even though this doesn’t happen IRL.

In summary, I believe the division could do with a complete overhaul of how we’re utilised and deployed in order for us to bring the number of shootings down and align the server more towards a realistic UK experience rather than aligning more to the American police.

It would be brilliant if you could consider some of what I’ve blabbered on about.

Thank you
Catalyst

Suggestion Title: AFO Overhaul

Division: MET - AFO

From being in AFO 2 times, I have to say the whole division needs a overhaul.

The reason for this is for us AFO's to have a better roleplay experience when on as AFO. Examples of this is the Uniforms and Cars. We are grateful for what we receive so any changes would be much appreciated.

Garage

The garage is really outdated. Some of the cars aren't in use by the Metropolitan Police Service so there is no point of having them. Example of these are the Zafira, V70 and the Land Rover Discovery. For some these cars are nostalgic but for me, I see no one using them and they just take up game File Usage. We should have a whole garage revamp to see which vehicles are used in real life and which are not, Which who take up a large amount of storage space and those who generally no one uses.

The cars I would like to see implemented are the New Metropolitan Police Service Vehicles such as
the New Black BMW GO5 and XC90 which were already suggested as an OFC but I believe we should get to use them to0.

(Links to follow)

(Unmarked Range Rover SVR (In-game)
(Unmarked BMW GO5 (In-Game)
(White Marked BMW GO5 (In-Game)
(White XC90 (In-Game)

Uniforms

Like The Garage the Uniforms are really outdated and were stuck to 3 options. Although 3 options is good, We can get better, more realistic Uniforms. We can also have the addition of having Gloves, Balaclavas and Tactical Glasses. I would like to see these implemented in Game as These Uniforms are just Getting Bit Boring.

(Links to Follow)

( Taken from this suggestion https://forum.policemp.com/index.php?threads/met-afo-afo-uniforms-new.7692/ )

Please do consider this overhaul and think deeply about our realism while we are on as AFO.

Boggo

(Authorised Firearms Officer)
(RTPC Officer)
(LAS Paramedic)
Okay
So as far as I can see, you’d be happy with a garage of basically just xc90s and x5s?
I think if this was put into effect, People woild just complain.

im all for the uniforms but our garage is sufficient imho.

Hello @Boggo, We have reviewed this and have seen that there are multiple suggestions for new AFO vehicles. So with that being the case I will move this to declined.

Thanks
Galactic
AFO Command