Suggestion Declined MET - AFO: Metro Alpha: New Pursuit Communications

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackomondo

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Metro Alpha: New Pursuit Communications

Division: MET - AFO

Separate the Traffic & ARV Pursuit Communications;

Although this change is small and does not provide a large difference to the way pursuits operate in PoliceMP, it offers slightly more realism and consequently separates RTPC & AFO pursuits, as you would be calling upon 'Metro Alpha' at the start of the pursuit AND for the relevant TPAC tactic authorisation etc.

This could tie in really nicely with the introduction of an FIM, as they would be recognised as 'Metro Alpha'.

EDIT: Based on the below point made by T.Maybery; I am going to alter my point.
- FIM would continue to authorise tactics (Ops1), however AFO would still call up for "Metro Alpha". The pursuit communications I have attached below remains the same.

NOTE - this would just be a change for AFO & Control.

Regards,
Jackomondo

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-09 153410.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-09 153410.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not sure if this is the current practice in the server, however in real life Metro Alpha manages Firearms Incidents - you are correct in that respect. However, Metro Alpha (hence referred to as MxA) mostly manages authorities and tactics - they do not manage pursuit authorities. This is to do with level of training between a Pursuit commander and a Firearms incident commander. MxA is trained to deal with the consideration that as a "Flight" response to AFO arrival on scene a pursuit may start however does not authorise tactics.

For Firearms Incidents in Vehicles, MxA considers the following "tactics":
Natural or Complaint Stop &:
- Armed Enquiry
- Contain/ Call Out
Enforced Stop &:
- Contain / Call Out
- Extraction

Additionally, (CT)SFO additional tactics may include Trojan / Ambush / MAST.

On these grounds I don't think this suggestion would add realism, but it was non-the-less a good idea.

Due to the time between now and the original submission I will now be declining this submission, if this is still something that you are wishing to take forward please resubmit this suggestion again.

FS2 Gart
AFO Command

Status
Not open for further replies.