Suggestion Declined MET - AFO: OFC Vehicle

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(OFC) Harry

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: OFC Vehicle

Division: MET - AFO

hello!!!

After speaking to some fellow OFC’s and some IRL Police constables in PMP i thought I would pop this suggestion in.

Within the AFO command garage there is a OFC vehicle which is marked. I think this should be added to the AFO garage or a separate band 1 garage for Operational Firearms Commanders; see attached for image.

This would allow OFC’s to be easily found and can make the OFC role more appealing to future OFC’s!

File(s) attached

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    449.5 KB · Views: 29
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I do agree, being a OFC is rewarding however I believe having a vehicle would even more encourage people to apply for the position as it gives you something more than a training role, it also allows people to know who the OFC is on a scene as they would be stood by their vehicle.

Currently, we are not allowed trainer vehicles. So in the eye of fairness every division should be allowed a trainer vehicle.

Currently, we are not allowed trainer vehicles. So in the eye of fairness every division should be allowed a trainer vehicle.
But, within sounding like I've got a stick up my a*s we aren't normal trainers, we are also scene commanders and we have the ability to give authority. So haven't the vehicle would be ideal on certain scenarios

I understand where this is coming from don’t get me wrong. You have a car that literally says OFC on the bonnet in the supervisor garage. But the reason it was out there is for raysons exact reason. Trainers currently aren’t allowed trainer cars mainly due to the fairness of it. I know your a ‘commander’ per sey in game but still at the end of the day you are trainers as a primary role? I don’t disagree or agree with the suggestion but if you guys get an OFC car it’s only fair other divisional trainers also get their own trainer car.

The primary responsibility of OFCs (according to the application blurb) is Trainer and then operational / in game.
No divisions have band 1 trainer cars now as they’ve been removed all together

But, within sounding like I've got a stick up my a*s we aren't normal trainers, we are also scene commanders and we have the ability to give authority. So haven't the vehicle would be ideal on certain scenarios
I mean, end of the day you technically are a normal trainer. If you was to get 'OFC vehicles' then they would have to give all band 1's 'special' vehicles. Would be unfair to give it to AFO and no one else...

Yeah Band 1 trainers don't get a restricted vehicle, unfortunately.

can we have this for rtpc if accepted. kube also likes it1708487579128.png

Corsa-Chevrons.jpg

National Highways Trainer car? It would need a reskin but I know we have some talented furure dev's that could add it to their portfolio.

Please stop with the jokes 😂

However a OFC is a in real life role, Trainers irl don’t get their own vehicle unlike OFC’s

OFCs don't get a car IRL either. They are in a Trojan with another AFO. Eg - A OFC will be crewed in the same car that a standard Trojan will be in next shift. They don't have their own special car.

OFCs used to have the unmarked XC90 to play with, however it was removed as no other MET divisions had said perk. The issue I can see is if one division has a trainer vehicle, others will follow in suit.. You get the idea.

100% agree, however other trainers don’t have the same role as an OFC. Trainers in CID, DSU and ERT Do not take scene command in the way OFC’s do

Hello, so the reason SGT+ get the OFC car is because IRL (to my knowledge) typically its always a Sergeant that is operational command, with TFC/SFC (Current SGT/Insp level roles) not being actually involved in the incident directly, instead operating from a control room or nearby site. Changes are staged to reflect this, however this requires uniform changes, which due to the high workload the devs are under has not been completed at this stage. Hopefully this explains everything well enough.

Hello, so the reason SGT+ get the OFC car is because IRL (to my knowledge) typically its always a Sergeant that is operational command, with TFC/SFC (Current SGT/Insp level roles) not being actually involved in the incident directly, instead operating from a control room or nearby site. Changes are staged to reflect this, however this requires uniform changes, which due to the high workload the devs are under has not been completed at this stage. Hopefully this explains everything well enough.
Hey Jin! Yeah I get where you are coming from however that means I am a SGT (IRL) as I have had the OFC training. However a OFC would still be able to enter a scene unlike a TFC. A TFC is usually offsite and communicates with the OFC on siye