Accepted MET - AFO: Scene command course

The suggestion has been accepted.

Tizzy2k

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Scene command course

Division: MET - AFO

Disclaimer : This is a versatile course and I would happy for the same to be suggested to ERT and DSU however on this occasion I will only be suggesting it on AFO's part due to me believing it's where it's most needed.

Hi all,

I believe we should implement a scene command course to AFO available to anyone whether it is requested or earnt I will leave that up to AFO command to discuss if this is accepted.

This will be a course which will explain and apply the following :

Work in co-operation with other organisations (JESIP)
Share information with other organisations (JESIP)
Anticipate and assess the risk of emergencies
Conduct debriefing after an emergency, exercise or other activity
Take effective decisions on tactics etc

Above is what's to be the aim of this course however this can be amended at any time to fit specific criteria.

My reasoning for this course is that in the likely event of a SGT or OFC getting hit on scene ground units can have someone else to turn to and take lead on the scene.

How this would work in operations/exercises.

In the briefing, teams will be layout with an OFC+ as the initial scene command, and below them, there will be a scene command trained officer as an advisory position assisting in the tactics etc and in the event of the OFC+ being neutralized to the point of them not being able to resume their responsibilities the scene command trained officer will assume responsibilities of the OFC+. (This will obviously need some panning out and fine-tuning and will also be useless if sufficient OFC+ on the scene)

Thank you for reading, and I am happy to discuss this with any AFO command if you need anything elaborating. in the event of being accepted, I would be more than happy to assist with documentation/training.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Tizzy,

Thank you for your recent suggestion.

This is something in the pipeline for AFO and something I hope you will see down the line.

However, is not ready and will be in the background for some time.

I will move this to suggestion accepted.

Kind regards,