Suggestion Declined MET - CID: Better variety of unmarked cars for UCO surveillance

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Aidan Lewisdale

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Better variety of unmarked cars for UCO surveillance

Division: MET - CID

At the moment UCO are required to use the current CID garage for Strikes and surveillance and often look out of place due to the low variety of cars that are high or low end. When Patrolling areas UCO can look rather out of place whether its a high or low income area due to the Cars being mainly higher end vehicles and stand out a lot as unmarked cars with large traffic cones visible in the boot and general the public now can easily suspect a BMW 5series for example from a mile of due to their huge numbers within the metropolitan police. On the other hand The only lower end cars are the ford focuses and due to this being pretty much the only lower end vehicle bare in mind that it is not a very cheep or low end car makes it quite suspicious when you have 5 of them patrolling the same low income area looking for intel or a suspect. I believe that a higher variety of vehicles would be important in keeping the Rp more realistic but also in Allowing more opportunity When striking a Vehicle aiming not to alert the suspect.

Here is what I personally would suggest adding:

1 or 2 higher end vehicles that are suitable for surveillance (dont look like undercover cars with big cones in the boot and that have the ability to change vehicle colour) this could be a Audi a8/6/4 or something like a jaguar XF

and 1 or 2 Low end vehicles such as a very old Ford mondeo saloon (2005) or a old vauxhall

there are some images attached below.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 16599715258_30cf1a92e1_b.jpg
    16599715258_30cf1a92e1_b.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 5
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 6
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Agree with this.. would be nice to see them have different vehicles and "realistic" vehicles. +1

Back when I was CID they had a Clio, Astra, Ford Focus (as you mentioned), a 308, I thought they had a Mondeo but I may be mistaken.

Although I'm always for new cars for any division, I feel like just stepping back and using those cars which you get first introduced with during probation may be beneficial for being covert in low income areas.

Althought anyone can correct me if I'm incorrect or perhaps you in fact are not allowed to use those cars my apologies in advance!

Back when I was CID they had a Clio, Astra, Ford Focus (as you mentioned), a 308, I thought they had a Mondeo but I may be mistaken.

Although I'm always for new cars for any division, I feel like just stepping back and using those cars which you get first introduced with during probation may be beneficial for being covert in low income areas.

Althought anyone can correct me if I'm incorrect or perhaps you in fact are not allowed to use those cars my apologies in advance!
UCO can use any u/m CID vehicle to my knowledge, however many of the base garage models have certain features which make them less discreet (ie cones and signs in the back of cars, visible lighting systems that aren't very well hidden etc)

Suggestion Title: Better variety of unmarked cars for UCO surveillance

Division: MET - CID

At the moment UCO are required to use the current CID garage for Strikes and surveillance and often look out of place due to the low variety of cars that are high or low end. When Patrolling areas UCO can look rather out of place whether its a high or low income area due to the Cars being mainly higher end vehicles and stand out a lot as unmarked cars with large traffic cones visible in the boot and general the public now can easily suspect a BMW 5series for example from a mile of due to their huge numbers within the metropolitan police. On the other hand The only lower end cars are the ford focuses and due to this being pretty much the only lower end vehicle bare in mind that it is not a very cheep or low end car makes it quite suspicious when you have 5 of them patrolling the same low income area looking for intel or a suspect. I believe that a higher variety of vehicles would be important in keeping the Rp more realistic but also in Allowing more opportunity When striking a Vehicle aiming not to alert the suspect.

Here is what I personally would suggest adding:

1 or 2 higher end vehicles that are suitable for surveillance (dont look like undercover cars with big cones in the boot and that have the ability to change vehicle colour) this could be a Audi a8/6/4 or something like a jaguar XF

and 1 or 2 Low end vehicles such as a very old Ford mondeo saloon (2005) or a old vauxhall

there are some images attached below.

File(s) attached
Hi Aidan, thanks for your suggestion!

UCO are able to use any of the unmarked vehicles in the CID garage when on a UCO operation, something done by design to ensure lots of variety when performing plain clothed operations. The above vehicles are unlikely to be approved, with 2 already serving a purpose in other divisions, and the others being old enough to likely draw attention rather as divert it. Whilst I agree that different vehicles may benefit RP, these are not a suitable fit for the theme of the CID garage.

Thanks,
Xi Jinpooh
Detective Inspector
CID Command