Suggestion Declined MET - CID: CID and tasers

• Thread starter Deleted member 5106
  • Start date
The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
D

Deleted member 5106

Suggestion Title: CID and tasers

Division: MET - CID

Just a suggestion, but for some reason CID are first responders in this server and go to panics, knife calls etc when they don't have any personal protection equipment. Shouldn't be able to attend first response calls since that is primarily ERPTs job. Not CID. Only way they would have one is if they're UCO for example and attending a scene they actually are first responders on.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 171437.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 171437.png
    998.8 KB · Views: 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We are all here to have fun, and it would give CID one less thing to do surely?

Have to disagree with this.

We are all here to have fun, and it would give CID one less thing to do surely?

Have to disagree with this.
They applied for an investigation division, agreeing to be removed from frontline policing but they still attend frontline policing jobs taking stuff away from ERPT officers. So no, it won't take anything away.

Have to agree with Freddie on this, the amount of time I attend a frontline policing job, CID always turns up when they're not even needed. I understand they may want to go to calls, but CID are there to investigate, not to go to panic and people with knifes.

Hello, civilians include the targeted divisions in their calls, units that respond without being attached is dealt with universally by the respective command team server wide. CID are equipped with tasers, batons, PAVA and their radio, a fine selection of protective equipment. ERT respond to dozens of calls in the time CID respond to 3-4, and CID respond to callouts they are attached to or requested to. We are ultimatly a proactive, investigation division. At the moment, I don't aim to change how CID respond to calls, as I don't see an issue with the current process.

Therefore, this suggestion will be declined

Thanks, Xi Jinpooh
CID Command.